Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Robert R McCammon - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Boy's Life is good, but I really liked Swan Song...and Gone South.

I am so happy I could bust! As some of you know I work at a bookstore and part of my day is spent buying books from the public, I BOLOed (Be On the Look Out) all McCammon hardbacks to my co-workers advising them that they are all hot sellers and for the love of God if Swan Song ever comes in it is to go directly into my personal property/to buy bin.
    So the other day I got to work and Lo and Behold there is a hardback copy of Swan Song in my bin! I grabbed it and stated whooping like a kid who finally got a b-b gun for Christmas! It's absolutely beautiful! It's going to have to sit in my bin till I get my Christmas bonus because it's tres big bucks, even with my employee discount but I actually have one now and I couldn't be happier.

Man I wish he'd release the rest of his catalogue to kindle. My crappy old eyes just can't hack paperbacks anymore, and the extremely awesome swan song is the only one of his horror works I've been able to find in an e format :cry:

I don't have a kindle yet but I can't imagine why (an unfortunate turn of phrase mayhap) RMc's work wouldn't be there. Sad.
    Hunter may know what's up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I am so happy I could bust! As some of you know I work at a bookstore and part of my day is spent buying books from the public, I BOLOed (Be On the Look Out) all McCammon hardbacks to my co-workers advising them that they are all hot sellers and for the love of God if Swan Song ever comes in it is to go directly into my personal property/to buy bin.
    So the other day I got to work and Lo and Behold there is a hardback copy of Swan Song in my bin! I grabbed it and stated whooping like a kid who finally got a b-b gun for Christmas! It's absolutely beautiful! It's going to have to sit in my bin till I get my Christmas bonus because it's tres big bucks, even with my employee discount but I actually have one now and I couldn't be happier.
    Is it the Dark Harvest version? If so, you are one lucky person!!! I have the DH book and it is a pretty one.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Is it the Dark Harvest version? If so, you are one lucky person!!! I have the DH book and it is a pretty one.
    This is it, it is DH and ain't it a peach!!

I feel pretty lucky.

I feel a little like Gollum too but I'm ok with that... my preessshhhuuussess.

This is it, it is DH and ain't it a peach!!

I feel pretty lucky.

I feel a little like Gollum too but I'm ok with that... my preessshhhuuussess.
    I wants the Preciousssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! You are so-o lucky!! Oh, there's tons of grammatical errors in this version, but that's the charm of owning a Dark Harvest book, they're well-known for the errors. Now, you'll have to be on the lookout for the DH edition of They Thirst!!

I don't have a kindle yet but I can't imagine why (an unfortunate turn of phrase mayhap) RMc's work wouldn't be there. Sad.
    Hunter may know what's up with that.
    On his blog he says that he considers the first three inferior ("he was learning to write") and won't allow them to be published again in any format. Swan Song and the new historical novels are on kindle. None of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I wants the Preciousssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! You are so-o lucky!! Oh, there's tons of grammatical errors in this version, but that's the charm of owning a Dark Harvest book, they're well-known for the errors. Now, you'll have to be on the lookout for the DH edition of They Thirst!!
    So far I've got 8 McCammon HBs. I haven't run into They Thirst yet but I'll grab it if I do you betcha! Then I'll have 9, Dude I seriously need to quit maniacally rubbing my hands together.

So far I've got 8 McCammon HBs. I haven't run into They Thirst yet but I'll grab it if I do you betcha! Then I'll have 9, Dude I seriously need to quit maniacally rubbing my hands together.
    Careful of the friction burn!!! You don't want any of those sparks flying around and landing on those RM books, now do ya?? I hope you do find a DH copy of They Thirst, if it's meant to be it'll land in your hands eventually. Almost every book I've ever (lusted after) wanted has come to me someway or another. Best find: an absolutely near-perfect hardback 1st edition of Carrie at a used bookstore a couple of years ago that I paid only $7.99 for!! Guess they muct have thought it was a measly bookclub edition. Their loss, my gain! They now have one in a glass case and their asking $700 for it. Let me tell ya, I RAN out of that store after I paid for my copy!!!

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast