Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Robert R McCammon - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I don't have a kindle yet but I can't imagine why (an unfortunate turn of phrase mayhap) RMc's work wouldn't be there. Sad.
    Hunter may know what's up with that.
    For some of the books, they're not available for Kindle because Pocket Books currently holds the ebook rights, and they're not interested in releasing them as ebooks (yet, anyway). They're the ones to thank for The Queen of Bedlam being available for Kindle, but not Speaks the Nightbird.

Ebook possibilities for some of the older titles are being investigated....

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    For some of the books, they're not available for Kindle because Pocket Books currently holds the ebook rights, and they're not interested in releasing them as ebooks (yet, anyway). They're the ones to thank for The Queen of Bedlam being available for Kindle, but not Speaks the Nightbird.

Ebook possibilities for some of the older titles are being investigated....

Hunter
    That's sadly lame, why on earth would they not release Speaks the Nightbird if they allow The Queen of Bedlam? I think I'd like to apply a swift kick to the seat of Pocket Books' pants.

That's sadly lame, why on earth would they not release Speaks the Nightbird if they allow The Queen of Bedlam? I think I'd like to apply a swift kick to the seat of Pocket Books' pants.
    Hi,

Sounds like another publisher failing to understand the huge changes in book-selling that the Kindle (et al) usher in.

When you think about it, publishers are simply pointless parasites between the author's creativity and the end user in the third millenium.

Long days and pleasant nights

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Sounds like another publisher failing to understand the huge changes in book-selling that the Kindle (et al) usher in.

When you think about it, publishers are simply pointless parasites between the author's creativity and the end user in the third millenium.

I agree, same as the relationship between record companies and recording artists. Prince sold millions of copies of Purple Rain. I believe that the average payout for a recording artist is 10 cents on the dollar, and that's if they're a BIG artist! What do record companies do for the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    What do record companies do for the artist?
    Hi,

Wear expensive suits, have nice offices and drive flashy cars, in my experience.

No wait, that's Low Men. Oh, same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I agree, same as the relationship between record companies and recording artists. Prince sold millions of copies of Purple Rain. I believe that the average payout for a recording artist is 10 cents on the dollar, and that's if they're a BIG artist! What do record companies do for the artist?
    I think what they try to do for them is a thing you don't get a kiss, your hair pulled and you're not allowed to use KY jelly for.

I think what they try to do for them is a thing you don't get a kiss, your hair pulled and you're not allowed to use KY jelly for.
    Anyone remember TLC? (the female singing group?) They had the biggest selling record of the year (the one that had Waterfalls on it) and they had to declare bankruptcy that year. Why? Because they (TLC) had to pay for the production costs of all of their videos, etc. while the record exec's ran all the way to the bank laughing with fistfulls of dollars. And, there was no KY jelly available either........... The only way recording artists make any money is to go on tour and sell other merchandise like t-shirts, programs etc. Such a sad state of business in my opinion.

ain't corporate america grand...the 'cut' varies, depending on what the artist is smart enough to demand/deal for...alot of really great artists don't own thier stuff: the beatles...!!

john fogerty would not play CCR stuff for decades because he refused to pay to sing his own songs...

alot of great artist are dead broke, look at the foundation unka stevies involved in: broke artists needing help...ethicality doth not always dwell brightly within capitalisms walls...

Those of you who have read Robert McCammon's Blue World are sure to remember "Pin," one of the most disturbing stories I've ever read. Film student Chris Frahme has created a film version of "Pin" that is most excellent. You can find links to the trailer and film on the McCammon site, as well as below.

PIN trailer
    PIN --- the complete 18-minute movie

Hunter

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast