Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Robert R McCammon - Page 15

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Wow, you've got a treasure trove there
    Yep, exactly my thoughts on the whole matter. I think I will start with Swan Song.

Subterranean Press: Early Word on Robert McCammon's THE FIVE from STEPHEN KING and PUBLISHERS WEEKLY

You can click on the link above to read it all, but I thought this was worth posting here:

The first, an unsolicited note from Stephen King:
    The Five isn’t just Robert McCammon’s best novel in years; it’s his best novel ever. Terrifying, suspenseful, unputdownable, and full of rock and roll energy. It’s also uplifting, a book you’ll finish feeling better about your world, your friends, and your music. Here’s one you’ll beg friends to read.”
    Hunter

Robert McCammon's new thriller, The Five, the one called "his best novel ever" by Stephen King, and "infused with power and passion, and laced with psychological horror and razor-sharp tension" in a Starred Review in Publishers Weekly, is headed into its second printing, less than a week after it started shipping.

I commute between Romanceland and the cemetary

Actually, I'm going to read Stinger next. Its the first Mccammon book I've read. I like the Texas setting, and the summary sounds interesting.
    There is such a lack of interesting stories in the horror genre today, I have to go way back in the vault to find something.

Quote Originally Posted by am78 View Post
    Actually, I'm going to read Stinger next. Its the first Mccammon book I've read. I like the Texas setting, and the summary sounds interesting.
    There is such a lack of interesting stories in the horror genre today, I have to go way back in the vault to find something.
    Hi,

Stinger is really good IMO

Enjoy!

Have you tried Joe Hill or Owen King yet? I think you might enjoy them.

Long days and pleasant nights

I commute between Romanceland and the cemetary

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Have you tried Joe Hill or Owen King yet? I think you might enjoy them.

I haven't read any other King except SK.
    Joe Hill's work sounds good.
    Actually, there is a book by Tabitha King that was mentioned in Danse Macabre I'm interested in reading. I have been looking for awhile for Small World. I'll probaly just order it.

Hi,

I think Small World might be out-of-print so you'd need to try the secondary market or the library system, but it's well worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by am78 View Post
    I haven't read any other King except SK.
    Joe Hill's work sounds good.
    Actually, there is a book by Tabitha King that was mentioned in Danse Macabre I'm interested in reading. I have been looking for awhile for Small World. I'll probaly just order it.
    There are two used copies for sale on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...d+tabitha+king
    It's a good story you won't be sorry you ordered it if you do.

I was just in there looking for McCammon's The Five it looks so cool, alas I've got to wait until next payday to order it.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...obert+mccammon

The Five isn’t just Robert McCammon’s best novel in years; it’s his best novel ever. Terrifying, suspenseful, unputdownable, and full of rock and roll energy. It’s also uplifting, a book you’ll finish feeling better about your world, your friends, and your music. Here’s one you’ll beg friends to read.”
    If The Five truly is McCammon's best yet, that is really saying a LOT, because it's somewhat difficult for me to fathom it topping Swan Song.

Is there any special reason the Five isn't available on Kindle? Are there any plans on him releasing it for digital readers?

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast