This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Quote Originally Posted by KennethHurd View Post
    I finished Swan Song last week and found it amazing! I'm now reading Mine and am enjoying it just as much. I don't know why I haven't read any of his books sooner.
    Exactly the way I felt when I discovered him here. Don't miss his A Boy's Life.

Read 'Gone South' recently. Excellent book and really weird too!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wilson View Post
    Exactly the way I felt when I discovered him here. Don't miss his A Boy's Life.
    Once I finish Mine I'm going to either start that or Bethany's Sin.

Swan Song is a great read. One of the best if not the best post-apocalyptic nuclear holocaust books ever. The characters are very solid in the book. I've read all of McCammon's books, but imho Swan Song is his best.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethHurd View Post
    Once I finish Mine I'm going to either start that or Bethany's Sin.
    I prefer his pure horror stuff to the period pieces, but heck he's great whatever he chooses to write.

I gave Mine to my wife and daughter to read, they were really feeling it in a primordial way.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost19 View Post
    Swan Song is a great read. One of the best if not the best post-apocalyptic nuclear holocaust books ever. The characters are very solid in the book. I've read all of McCammon's books, but imho Swan Song is his best.
    Swan Song is RM's The Stand
    Boy's Life is RM's IT

I read Swan Song after seeing a list of books that would make good movies. And I heard how it is similar to The Stand, which is my favorite book. So I checked it out. It is a good book. I see similarities, but they are different. But I don't agree that Swan Song would make a good movie. It's a good read and there are a few scenes that would be good in a movie. The movie theater scene with Faces of Death it a great set up scene. And the scene in the department store (was it a K-mart?) is a great scene. But being stuck in the convenient store cellar and a few other scenes wouldn't work in a movie. I also think the story would drag as a movie. The second act covers too much time. So it would be tough to pull off.

I also read The Five because I read about it on one of Mr. King's Entertainment Weekly articles. Very good read. Great book if you love rock music.

I'll check out more of his stuff, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Wilson View Post
    I prefer his pure horror stuff to the period pieces, but heck he's great whatever he chooses to write.

I gave Mine to my wife and daughter to read, they were really feeling it in a primordial way.
    Yeah, I'm going to wait and read the Matthew Corbett series after I work my way through his older horror novels.

Robert McCammon's 1983 classic Mystery Walk is the Kindle Daily Deal today (Amazon U.S.). It's only $1.99 today only. Click on the image to buy it.

Hunter

I was talking to one of my customers about Robert McCammon the other day, and he said, "Robert McCammon is like cowbell, I gotta have more." I had to agree.

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast