Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Robert R McCammon - Page 26

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    And fellow Mainer and artist for a number of Steve's works, Glenn Chadbourne, is this year's HWA Artist Guest of Honor. Way to go, Glenn, a much-deserved recognition for your fantastic work!
    He's a great artist (I adore his work he did in the limited of 'The Colorado Kid'!!!) and I'm very happy he's being recognized! He makes me want to move to Maine, ayuh!

That's great! But, they're not that old already, are they? Looks like alot of people I admire are getting these lifetime achievement awards this year- Prince is getting a special award at the Grammies this year, too.

It's hard to believe, but both McCammon and Barker turned 60 last year. And being at least 60 is one of the requirements for receiving the HWA Lifetime Achievement Award.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    That's great! But, they're not that old already, are they? Looks like alot of people I admire are getting these lifetime achievement awards this year- Prince is getting a special award at the Grammies this year, too.
    I know what you mean old pal LOL! Let's look on the bright side though, getting old sure does beat the alternative.
    Anyhow, I am really proud of McCammon especially, as I don't think he gets as much recognition as he deserves. He's a beautiful writer.
    Congrats to Barker, and to Prince for his special Grammy too!

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    It's hard to believe, but both McCammon and Barker turned 60 last year. And being at least 60 is one of the requirements for receiving the HWA Lifetime Achievement Award.

Hunter
    Hi Hunter! I hope that my post didn't come off as rude, I was being cheeky as I am not that far behind from hitting that magical '60' number myself! Just seems like last week when I met you and Rick at the World Horror Convention in Seattle (I got the pics to prove it ), can't believe where all the time has gone..........

Not at all! I can relate completely!

Did we meet in Seattle? I'd love to see the pics, if you don't mind mailing them to me (goathunter@goatley.com)!

Hunter

Of course we met in Seattle! I didn't realize who you were, kingricefan, but now I know. Awesome! Good to "see" you again!!

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Not at all! I can relate completely!

Did we meet in Seattle? I'd love to see the pics, if you don't mind mailing them to me (goathunter@goatley.com)!

Hunter
    Ahhh, Hunter, you got to remember that when we met it was before the digital age. So, those pics are of the old fashioned kind. But, you might still have one or two from your own negative roll, if you still have that, as you took a couple of me with Rick and later sent me copies. I'm the skinny guy (in one of them) that looks like Rick and I are comparing the size of our noses!! It was really good to meet you and put a face to the name. You had brought your lovely wife also. I was way out of my element there- it was my first big convention and there were so many 'names' there like Straub, Rick of course, Charlie Grant (miss him immensely), Lansdale, Donald Grant (miss him too!!), lots of others too. I had alot of fun tho! I'm gonna have to go and find those pics now!!!

Swan Song Amazon Kindle daily deal for $1.99 today only.

I started 'The Providence Rider' By McCammon last night. It looks like it's going to be another page turner from Rick! It's good to be back with Matthew Corbett and the rest of the gang again! Only in about 40 pages and already I've laughed and been biting my nails!!

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast