This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

I've heard such good reviews of McCammon on the board, I finally got one of his books, Swan Song. Just starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I've heard such good reviews of McCammon on the board, I finally got one of his books, Swan Song. Just starting it.
    Prepare to be blown away! Don't plan on doing anything for the next several hours either, it's one of those books that grabs a hold of you and won't let go.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I started 'The Providence Rider' By McCammon last night. It looks like it's going to be another page turner from Rick! It's good to be back with Matthew Corbett and the rest of the gang again! Only in about 40 pages and already I've laughed and been biting my nails!!
    Have you read The Hunter From the Woods yet? Another great one.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    Oooo, treats for the sweets!!! You're gonna love this book! This is the one that cemented Rick's reputation as something more than just an original horror paperback writer! He hit it out of the park with this one. Great story, great characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Have you read The Hunter From the Woods yet? Another great one.
    Yes, my dear, I have. And loved it! I can't wait for more of the werewolf stories!!

Finished The Providence Rider last night. Took me awhile to get thru it, not because it wasn't good, but because of limited time. Wish I had nothing else to do but read, read, read.........alas, one must pay bills! I really enjoyed this installment and am very much looking forward to the next Corbett novel!!

PS- I see that They Thirst is now available (thru Subterranean Press) as an ebook and that there is going to be a new limited edition book of this one released next year!!

Oooo, treats for the sweets!!! You're gonna love this book! This is the one that cemented Rick's reputation as something more than just an original horror paperback writer! He hit it out of the park with this one. Great story, great characters!
    I'm about 2/3 to 3/4 through the book, and I really do like it! A very good recommendation.

Enjoyed Swan Song,and of course a Boy's Life..am currently mired in Speaks the Nightbird..I do like his writing,though felt he borrowed heavily from SK's The Stand, for Swan Song..just my opinion..

Wish I had nothing else to do but read, read, read.........alas, one must pay bills!
    Ain't that the truth! I just picked up about nine more books this last weekend. I'm not sure when I'll finish them all.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Enjoyed Swan Song,and of course a Boy's Life..am currently mired in Speaks the Nightbird..I do like his writing,though felt he borrowed heavily from SK's The Stand, for Swan Song..just my opinion..
    The idea of the end of civilization might be the same in both books, but I felt Swan Song had more 'heart' to it than the Stand. There are similarities for both books, but each author has their own writing style and storytelling ways. Try not to look for comparisons and just read for the enjoyment. I'm glad you're liking McCammon!

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast