This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    The idea of the end of civilization might be the same in both books, but I felt Swan Song had more 'heart' to it than the Stand. There are similarities for both books, but each author has their own writing style and storytelling ways. Try not to look for comparisons and just read for the enjoyment. I'm glad you're liking McCammon!
    Thank you I will continue on..it was just the idea of two opposing forces after the apocolypse,with supernatural overtones..the character of the young boy akin to the trashcan man,being the stooge of the military guy and the guy who was a lot like randall flagg..other things too I noticed as I read through,not trying to be overly critical but just my op,as we all everyone has one! will keep reading tho,liked boys life and will check out others after finishing speaks..

Wrong thread!
    Last edited by Dana Jean; April 2nd, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    March books read:

Zero
    Some months are like that. Got anything going for April?

I'll answer you in the right thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Some months are like that. Got anything going for April?
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Finished The Providence Rider last night. Took me awhile to get thru it, not because it wasn't good, but because of limited time. Wish I had nothing else to do but read, read, read.........alas, one must pay bills! I really enjoyed this installment and am very much looking forward to the next Corbett novel!!

PS- I see that They Thirst is now available (thru Subterranean Press) as an ebook and that there is going to be a new limited edition book of this one released next year!!
    I really like this series but it's different from his other stories. All stories are their own things of course, but the Corbett novels have a different... flavor? I am liking the series, and am completely hooked but if people are wanting supernatural stuff, they had better read Blue World.
    I Love Blue World. If anyone is needing to read a thing I'd recommend it highly. Some of the best short stories I have ever read, ever, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I really like this series but it's different from his other stories. All stories are their own things of course, but the Corbett novels have a different... flavor? I am liking the series, and am completely hooked but if people are wanting supernatural stuff, they had better read Blue World.
    I Love Blue World. If anyone is needing to read a thing I'd recommend it highly. Some of the best short stories I have ever read, ever, hands down.
    'Pin' is a masterpiece!!

'Pin' is a masterpiece!!
    Absolutely! Yellachili's Cage and Night Calls the Green Falcon are another couple to hang in the gallery.

I have had a copy of Blue World in my To-Be-Read pile for a couple of years now. I think you guys have convinced me to dig it out!

Quote Originally Posted by danie View Post
    I have had a copy of Blue World in my To-Be-Read pile for a couple of years now. I think you guys have convinced me to dig it out!
    You won't be sorry!!!

'Pin' is a masterpiece!!
    Have you ever seen the short film adaptation done by film student Christian Frahme?

https://vimeo.com/19771743

Also, there's a 5-minute demo reel by Jerry Vasilatos of a scene from "Blue World":

https://vimeo.com/17828909

Hunter

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast