This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Have you ever seen the short film adaptation done by film student Christian Frahme?

https://vimeo.com/19771743

Also, there's a 5-minute demo reel by Jerry Vasilatos of a scene from "Blue World":

https://vimeo.com/17828909

Hunter
    I forgot just how "very intense" a story Pin is until I watched that, thanks Hunter.... yikes. You know I wish Rick's (feels weird calling him that) work would be adapted for film. I'd love to see Boy's Life made into a movie. However, on the other hand.... I'd hate to see it done poorly. One day maybe? An epic, well done film based on a Robert McCammon story... it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I forgot just how "very intense" a story Pin is until I watched that, thanks Hunter.... yikes. You know I wish Rick's (feels weird calling him that) work would be adapted for film. I'd love to see Boy's Life made into a movie. However, on the other hand.... I'd hate to see it done poorly. One day maybe? An epic, well done film based on a Robert McCammon story... it could happen.
    I would love to see 'Mine' filmed!! Last I heard Frank Darabont was going to do it but then something else came up. This would be an edge-of-the-seat white-knuckler movie, for sure!!!

Frank Darabont tried for years to get a film version of MINE made, but he could never get a studio interested. At one time, he tried for a long time to get Nicole Kidman to do it, knowing that if she were on board, a studio would agree. She read the script, loved it, said she'd like to be in it---and then signed on for another movie, which put Frank back to square one. (I'm not saying she's to blame for it not happening; just saying that once she signed on for the other movie, it wasn't possible for Frank to pitch it to studios again.) He also tried to get Meryl Streep to play Mary Terror, but she didn't want to play a villain. Eventually, Frank let his option expire, so the movie is completely dead now (for now).

Wannabe filmmakers keep wanting to adapt McCammon stories, but none of them have ever been able to get a studio behind them. Time will tell....

Hunter

Frank Darabont tried for years to get a film version of MINE made, but he could never get a studio interested. At one time, he tried for a long time to get Nicole Kidman to do it, knowing that if she were on board, a studio would agree. She read the script, loved it, said she'd like to be in it---and then signed on for another movie, which put Frank back to square one. (I'm not saying she's to blame for it not happening; just saying that once she signed on for the other movie, it wasn't possible for Frank to pitch it to studios again.) He also tried to get Meryl Streep to play Mary Terror, but she didn't want to play a villain. Eventually, Frank let his option expire, so the movie is completely dead now (for now).

Wannabe filmmakers keep wanting to adapt McCammon stories, but none of them have ever been able to get a studio behind them. Time will tell....

Hunter
    I simply cannot believe that there aren't alot of actresses fighting to play either of the main female roles in this book! This book has two of the most strongest female roles I've come across. When I read this book I thought 'My God, this is going to make a fantastic film!' Definately glad Kidman dropped out- she's not someone I could picture in either role.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I simply cannot believe that there aren't alot of actresses fighting to play either of the main female roles in this book! This book has two of the most strongest female roles I've come across. When I read this book I thought 'My God, this is going to make a fantastic film!' Definately glad Kidman dropped out- she's not someone I could picture in either role.
    I never could picture her in the film, either, but Frank knew her, liked her, and, I think, believed that she had the star power to get a studio interested....

Hunter

The trade edition of I Travel by Night started shipping today from Subterranean Press. The limited editions are still about six weeks away (waiting on slipcases). If you haven't purchased it yet, or if you want to read more about it, including an excerpt, you can do so on the Subterranean Press page.

Hunter

And one more thing. The ebook edition of Robert McCammon's classic 1981 vampire novel They Thirst is now available! You can find handy ordering links for the various formats on RobertMcCammon.com.

Hunter

I'm very near the end of Swan Song, my first R. M. book. I can only think of the Shakespeare quote "parting is such sweet sorrow".

The trade edition of I Travel by Night started shipping today from Subterranean Press. The limited editions are still about six weeks away (waiting on slipcases). If you haven't purchased it yet, or if you want to read more about it, including an excerpt, you can do so on the Subterranean Press page.

Hunter
    Awesome news, wasn't expecting to see this until June! Hopefully my copy arrives sometime next week. Always apprecitate the updates Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I'm very near the end of Swan Song, my first R. M. book. I can only think of the Shakespeare quote "parting is such sweet sorrow".
    So what did you think? Are you done yet? Nothing like someone hanging over your shoulder watching you read, hu?

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast