Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Robert R McCammon - Page 30

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

The ebook editions of I Travel by Night are now available

Also, for those of you who've read the Matthew Corbett books, I revamped the Matthew Corbett website over the weekend and posted a small news item that you'll find interesting!

Matthew Corbett's World

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    So what did you think? Are you done yet? Nothing like someone hanging over your shoulder watching you read, hu?
    I really enjoyed Swan Song. It was a nice journey through the story, good characters, and a nice ending. Reminds me something of The Stand, which I have read others commenting on as well. Started A Boy's Life.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    The ebook editions of I Travel by Night are now available

Also, for those of you who've read the Matthew Corbett books, I revamped the Matthew Corbett website over the weekend and posted a small news item that you'll find interesting!

Matthew Corbett's World

Hunter
    Yea!!!!!!!!!! A new Matthew Corbett book!!!! I'm doing my happy dance!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I'm very near the end of Swan Song, my first R. M. book. I can only think of the Shakespeare quote "parting is such sweet sorrow".
    Swan Song is definately in my top 10 favorite books, if not top 5.

McCammon is one hell of a talespinner.

McCammon's new vampire novella 'I Travel by Night' is another homerun. A quick read of 150 pages but it is setup to possibly become an ongoing series. Kind of a Civil War era Blade is the closest thing I can compare it to. You can pick up the kindle edition for $5.99 on Amazon now or a beautiful hard cover edition from Subterrean Press.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Buchinsky View Post
    McCammon's new vampire novella 'I Travel by Night' is another homerun. A quick read of 150 pages but it is setup to possibly become an ongoing series. Kind of a Civil War era Blade is the closest thing I can compare it to. You can pick up the kindle edition for $5.99 on Amazon now or a beautiful hard cover edition from Subterrean Press.
    That is good to know. I plan on reading this some day, whenever I'm caught up with everything else!

Just a question, how good is Bethany's Sin and Boy's Life? I found these at a used bookstore and bought them. And which one should I read first?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal_Dragon View Post
    Just a question, how good is Bethany's Sin and Boy's Life? I found these at a used bookstore and bought them. And which one should I read first?
    It depends if you've ever read a McCammon book before. Bethany's Sin is a good book, but it was written early in Rick's career and he was still trying to find his 'voice'. Boy's Life is probably a good place to start- it is a great coming-of-age story and you won't soon forget it. It has become alot of peoples favorite McCammon book. My fav is Mine.

The ebook editions of Robert McCammon's short story collection, Blue World, are on sale for the next two weeks. Handy ordering links can be found on the McCammon site:

Hunter
    Moderator's Reply:
    I've had to remove the link sorry, because for some reason it was throwing up warning signs on my system. If people would like to purchase, they can Goggle "Robert R McCammon" and go from there.

~ Flake.
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; May 1st, 2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Removed link.

I am on a Robert R McCammon kick right now and I'm loving it. Been meaning to really get into his works for a long time.

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast