This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

I have read everything by Rick....Robert McCammon when he writes,yes.
    I love all his books.....even his first novels written years ago....I got them all....Bethanys Sin...I think was written in the seventies...not sure...but I found a copy several years ago.

Swan Song, and Boy's life are my favorites.

I also liked Swan Song and Boy's Life. Would like to read more of his.

Robert McCammon has been one of my favorite authors ever since I read STINGER back in 1989. Back when McCammon was writing Horror Fiction, he wrote several great novels, all of which I've read. To date, The Wolve's Hour, The Night Boat, Bethany's Sin, Swan Song, and They Thirst are among my favorite. Blue World featured some of McCammon's best short stories - my favorite being Night Calls the Green Falcon. You can visit McCammon's website for more information. I actually got the chance to meet McCammon during a book signing for his book, Mine, back in the early 90's. Rick is a true Southern gentleman and a mighty fine writer.

- Rob

I agree he is an excellent author. Has he written anything lately?

Check the posts earlier in this thread, or check out his website: RobertMcCammon.com.

Speaks the Nightbird was published in 2002, The Queen of Bedlam in 2007, and Mister Slaughter will be out in January 2010.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Check the posts earlier in this thread, or check out his website: RobertMcCammon.com.

Speaks the Nightbird was published in 2002, The Queen of Bedlam in 2007, and Mister Slaughter will be out in January 2010.

Hunter
    Queen of Bedlam is great! Started it while waiting for vol II of Speaks The Nightbird to arrive, then put it aside to read vol II (since QOB picks up after STN), which will be itself put aside when Under The Dome arrives.
    My reading life is so complicated...

McCammon ...he has several books that I have read ,which I highly recommend, -Here is a short list- "Mine","Gone South","A Boy's Life", naturally "Swan Song"-his Stand,"Wolf's hour", "The U-Boat", "Baal","They Thirst",-I have to read something when Sai King is not circulating anything new. Also in another vein try Clive Barker's "The Great and Secret Show,and its sequel "Everworld". I particularly like Barker's "Weaveworld,and Imagica".
    For some time travel and weird kink try Nicholson Baker's "The Fermata". I just read Dan Simmons ' "Drood "-a great big tome of speculative fiction,history, and Charles Dickens" "double life"- long and satisfying. Read his Stoker Award Winning -"Carrion Comfort,if you have not it will blow your mind....... control- no spoilers. E. Freemantle,AKA Beambounder. Also all the "Demon in The Freezer" by Richard Prestion,author of another terrifying tome... "The Hot Zone". Try Ursula Le Guins' "The Lathe of Heaven. Short ,but formidable. Also read anything by H.P. Lovecraft. and Daniel Easterman, Historial University of Belfast- Highest Recommendation "The Night of The Seventh Darkness. Enough for now. Long Days and pleasant Nights. -R.S.Sippel

Several updates to RobertMcCammon.com since my last post, including an update from McCammon about his recently-completed rock band novel, The Five, and a 171-page excerpt from Mister Slaughter on the SubPress site!

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Several updates to RobertMcCammon.com since my last post, including an update from McCammon about his recently-completed rock band novel, The Five, and a 171-page excerpt from Mister Slaughter on the SubPress site!

Hunter
    I love that cover I hope he keeps it. Anyhow I read Robert McCammon's message about The Five and it sounds great!

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast