Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dolans Cadilac the movie - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dolans Cadilac the movie

Default Re: Dolans Cadilac the movie

I watched the Blu Ray last night. Good film. The picture quality was very nice. The Aussie version is region B locked.

Very excited to hear this! Had no idea about a movie release of Dolan's Cadillac. Will have to go investigate this.

Watched it last week ... loved it ... took a bit of getting used to as it is quite different from the book but still very well done !

I saw it to be released at Blockbuster at the end of the month. I did not know it was straight to video. Can not wait tho!

Hi,

I watched it last night and I think CJ summed it up very well - it ain't no Shawshank (but I think only Frank Darabont's capable of interpreting Sai King so well!) but it's a very good and enjoyable movie and well worth a watch IMO

Long days and pleasant nights

My husband and I watched last night. We liked it. Christian Slater played Dolan well. It took me back to the way I felt when I read the book. Especially when he just kept shoveling dirt one scoop at at time on top of the vehicle. I actually felt a little claustrophobic reading the story but the movie amplified that feeling even more. Good stuff. I wonder what SK thought about the film. Does anyone know? Ms. Mod. did he comment on the movie at all? Just curious, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by hallrla View Post
    My husband and I watched last night. We liked it. Christian Slater played Dolan well.
    Hi,

Yes, I agree, and I thought he made himself a good candidate to play Randall Flagg.

Long days and pleasant nights

Ha! I forgot I posted to this thread and was ready to do it again. Glad i saw your post here John! What's next on the movie front? Bag of Bones ever get finished? Hope they didn't scrap it.

I found the Blu-Ray DVD for $15 so I bought it. Haven't watched it yet, though. I'll get back to you.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

I saw Dolans Cadilac on DVD this weekend and liked it. I thought at first Christian Slater would have made a good Robinson, but on reflection he was good as the totally amoral Dolan. I thought Robinson was very well cast and he played a man with a mission very well. Loved watching Slater begging and going crazy. Although there were some changes to the story I thought were unnecessary, all in all it kept to the point of the story, and got the point across nicely.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast