Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The movie...good or bad? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie...good or bad?

Default Re: The movie...good or bad?

the movie had so many jump moments I simply can't ignore it. It's a good movie. I can never remember when to expect the dog, and they did a good job of making the dog scary.

I really loved this movie too because it was Stephen King's too. Anything that has the name SK attached to it,you know it will be great.

I watched this movie last night for the first time in many years, and it was better than I remember it. I think the first time I watch a Stephen King movie I am mentally comparing it to the book, and they never quite match up. After the passage of time, I can view more objectively. The different ending didn't bother me this time around, and the movie was still pretty tense despite knowing the ending.

Wink Re: The movie...good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet One View Post
    What if Cujo were remade? What would you change about it (not just the ending, anything)?
    They could call in red zone dog expert Cesar Milan in to rehab the dog. (wink wink!)--Abbie

The movie was alright but if you're watching it for the first time, you have to keep in mind that it was originally made quite a long time ago. Once you get past that, it's not a bad watch. I also wish they would have kept the original ending.

cujo was fun to watch for vicarious thrill. with images of the country farm hot and the fear of silence as all that i hear is summer locus . the scent of the summer heat that will not end and a scent from being rubbed up against by a slobering mad dog, feeling i am trapped with nothing but death for me and my child, but not knowing when. like on a battle grounds which there will be no victory.
    have a nice day !
    mo mo mo mo mo mo .

Quote Originally Posted by dejolane View Post
    I really loved this movie too because it was Stephen King's too. Anything that has the name SK attached to it,you know it will be great.
    Not always true, i tend to dislike SK movies. i have a friend who refuses to read Salems Lot no matter how many times I promise it'll be good and its all because he saw the movie. I havent seen it yet but ill prolly be pissed...

1408 was a good one though

Loved Cujo. Glad a don't have a dog like this.

This is the only book ever that was not as good as it's movie counterpart. To me. Maybe I was too young, but it was really hard for me to stay interested. I kept wanting to put it down and go crawling back to my lame teen horror stories. The ones that are always about some little brat who gets really scared for some reason and then everything is magically resolved. The movie was much better for me. I didn't notice the cereal story so much and it was all about the lady and her son getting away from that dog. It was a great movie of his.

I've recently finished CUJO, the novel.
    I seem to recall an annoying yelling and screaming during many scenes in the movie, so much so, I was unnable to finish the movie.

I hate the movie, and I loved the book.
    Also,
    the woman screaming throughout the film presentation of 'The Shining', pissed me off, and I WANTED her to die, so she would shut up.

Annoying high-pitched screaming,
    is not my idea of a good way to deliver a scene: whether or not the director WANTS you to hate the character, there are other ways of doing this...

I have a zero tolerance to annoying screaming.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast