Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The movie...good or bad? - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The movie...good or bad?

Default Re: The movie...good or bad?

The movie ending didn't bother me at all. It is scientfically impossible for Tad to have lived in the movie, but nobody wants to see a little boy die after practically watching him suffer for an hour IMO. The movie- the latter half of it, anyway- was very intense. Loved the movie and the book.
    Not true. Plenty of people wanted to see Tad die. I've read posts (not on this forum) by people who were so annoyed by Tad's screaming they wanted Cujo to bite his head off.

Plus, there's posters on this forum who think the ending sucked. Did they want Tad to survive? I don't think so. But in these cases, I rather think it's becuase they wanted the film to stay true to SK's nihilistic vision. The movie changed naturalistic intent of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet One View Post
    Plus, there's posters on this forum who think the ending sucked. Did they want Tad to survive? I don't think so. But in these cases, I rather think it's becuase they wanted the film to stay true to SK's nihilistic vision. The movie changed naturalistic intent of the book.
    Hi,

Aye.

Long days and pleasant nights

I was thinking of you!

Yes, I wasn't very impressed with the movie after I read the book, I liked the ending in the book much better.

I saw the movie when it came out in theaters. I just did not enjoy this one at all, although it was my discovery of SK. I saw "The Shining" some time after it was released. Cujo? Hmmmm. I remember my initial reaction to the opening scenes. Odd, I thought. But, then too, most horror movies start with odd types of scenes. I thought the "nice mommie, cute little boy" thing was...not my cup of tea. After seeing this movie, I didn't go out and buy any SK novels, I'll put it that way. It was some years later that I discovered "The Dark Half" -- 1994 -- and that led to me going on an SK reading binge which lasted about three years. I allow for this movie -- as well as a few other stories from Stephen -- because "nobody's perfect". Also, he has written so many books; he has never let a slip stop him. I admire him and have a great respect for him because he's been so tenacious over the years. Not only does a person who is considered a great author write great things most of the time; but they are also great because of their intensity and pursuit of the tone and color of the stories. Stephen has definitely grown over the years -- and in very, very good ways. I'm proud to call him my favorite modern author. Hope all have a very, very good Thanksgiving Week...and stay safe, want to see you back here next week!

Hey All,

I saw the movie when it came out in the early 80's; and I thought it was terrible. tThe majority of the film took place in a car; and to me I thought it could have been improved a lot. I always tell people that the movies that R based on Stephen King novels R not as good as the books. I didn't read Cujo; but I did see the movie; and I usually read his book B4 I see the movie, My bad.
    THX,
    -K-

Not a fan of them completely changing the ending

I am reading it now. I am praying they cast the film correctly and do it justice on the big screen. This King creation is one of my favourite on time travel. I have read too many stories on time travel. I can`t even remember them now. This one I will remember. He does this right.

I liked it.

I didn't like the movie. I wanted the movie to be like the book or the book be like the movie, not a different book and different movie. That's b/c I'd already read the book first.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast