This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The movie...good or bad?

Default Re: The movie...good or bad?

well...it's far better than any garris directed movie...that said, it is just an Ok movie, for me, at best.

there were moments of tension, but too much of it layed flat...teague was just not seasoned enough a director to get the performance that the king story required and the screenwriter did not do a very good job, imho, of catching kings unique voice...thus, too much caricture instead of deep acting...and this is a story that cries out for almost every role, even cujo, to bare its emotional teeth: there are reasons why things happen

the book as i rememebr, was a bit of a nail-biter...it built up tension and horror slowly, in the very best sense

it is a story that lives in, as someone said, a nihilistic world ..a world we all know exists, but try hard to escape: it dwells there and takes us down for a horrific ride

that is the horror of the story: knowing what is likely to happen, unable to anything about it

and the end..what can i say...to 'hollywood-ize' the ending is a travesty...not nearly as bad as darabonts mischief, but on that level of complete misunderstanding what the heck is going on: it panders in a way kings story does not

but, at no point, was i ever so bored to death, as i am with nearly every garris work, to just turned the damned thing off

worth a look if on the cheap rental rack, but that's about it

but, if you want to be scared...read the book...

It was an okay movie. I did connect to it as a child though due to my experiences with big dogs and always seem to get bit by them. Maybe that's why I have always had small dogs in my home..haha.

It's a solid movie. Dee Wallace and Danny Pinotauro are very effective in it. Check out the BluRay version - much improved over the previous pan and scan messes released previously.

I've always liked it. I thought it was well done and suspenseful. It's not one of my very favorite SK books anyway. I always found it to be a bit slow. And I think they're getting ready to come out with a 30th anniversary edition blu ray of the movie, but I don't know if it will be much different from the previous blu ray or not.

Lazy Sunday, so I fired up the old VHS and put the movie on. Still a great flick, though I don't remember 80s beards looking so hideous.

I was a kid when I watched Cujo for the first time, and it scared the crap out of me! I played it for my kids (one of whom shares a birthday with Stephen King) and they loved it. I would like to see it remade. It is the first of his works that got me hooked on horror and the what ifs of life.

Well the book is definetely better than the movie, but then again I'm a book girl. X~)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678