Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I've Never Heard of This One - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've Never Heard of This One

Default Re: I've Never Heard of This One

Its pretty good.I have had it for sometime. Can't believe ya all are just hearing about it.

It's a TV movie that was meant to be the pilot for a possible series that never happened. I liked it too but is not something I re-watch.

Quicksilver Highway is just a title not based on any book. The actual film is about a Vagrant (by the name of Quicksilver) who tells dark tales to people on his travels. The film features two stories, 'Body Politic' based on the short story by Clive Barker from Book of Blood volume four (or the first story from the second book of blood collection) and 'Chattery Teeth' based on the short story by Stephen King from Nightmares and dreamscapes. Christopher Lloyd plays Quicksilver. The film is a little cheesy but still a really enjoyable watch and a must for Stephen King and/or Clive Barker fans. Body Poltic skips a few parts but chattery teeth is a pretty faithful adaptation. I'm surprised so few have heard of this, its been in my collection for quite some time.
    Check it out.

Just added this to my collection late last week. I had never read Body Politic, but I really enjoyed it. I got a kick outta it.

I think the movie is decent, but it's too cheesy for its own good. "Chattery Teeth" is a faithful adaptation, but I never liked the story all that much; "Body Politic" is well-made, with a good performance from Matt Frewer, but the voiceovers given to the hands are pretty lame.

The best parts are the scenes with Christopher Lloyd, who is pretty good. It could have made for a decent anthology series, but I can see why Fox skipped on taking it past the pilot stage.

Clive Barkers Body Politic is a brilliant short story and I highly recommend everyone to read it especially after watching Quicksilver Highway. In fact go and buy Clive Barkers Book of Blood Ominbus 1 and 2 you will not be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew.Degnan View Post
    I had to look this one up to see what it was, now that i have though, i can't seem to get my hands on a copy.
    Amazon.com has many copies, it appears. I just looked, because I had never heard of it either. Just when I think I have at least heard of most of what The Master has worked on, he ups and surprises me with this. Though I have read "Chattery Teeth," which is not a master peice but is a fun little story that would make a good show.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123