This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake The Green Mile

Default Re: Remake The Green Mile

You are definitely not an outcast, and I can't imagine you have offended anyone by having a differing opinion. We are ALL entitled to our own views here.

As for remaking the movie, all I can say is NO!!
    This is one of my favourite movies, I believe all the actors portrayed their chosen characters excellently. No movie is ever going to mirror the novel exactly, yet this is by far one of the best adaptations of an Uncle Steve novel IMO.

Each to his own and this movie is spot on.

I liked the book very much (I read it in the original chapter book format, and I even entered a couple of the writing contests - remember those?), but wasn't a huge fan of the movie. It was pretty good, but nothing special.

I agree with most everyone else. The movie was one of the best adaptations of a book that I've ever seen and I thought all of the actors were great as well.

I think that a remake of this movie is unnecessary, especially since it is barely 10 years old and it was done well the first time around!!

I have to agree with the majority on this one. Many of King's film and tv adaptations completely butcher the original story, but this one was executed - pun intended - extremely well. There were very few parts of the story that were changed or left out and I thought all of the actors were spot on choices for their respective characters. As for emotional impact, I get teared up just thinking of Coffey's execution scene when Tom Hanks has to give the order to roll on two and can barely bring himself to say it, and the rage I felt towards Percy when he squashed Mr. Jingles right in front of Del, man, very few movies have managed to get to me like this one did. As others have said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's hard for me to even imagine being disappointed in this movie.

I absolutely loved the book and the movie. The Green Mile has to be my all time favorite Stephen King novel. The Green Mile and the story Shawshank Redemption are the only two stories that I have ever seen that were almost like his books and I've seen a lot of Stephen King movies and read a lot of his novels.

I watched The Green Mile again today, and I must say that it still holds up well ten years after its initial release. I still think that the movie itself and Michael Clarke Duncan got robbed at the Oscars the year the were nominated.

Thumbs up Re: Remake The Green Mile

I loved The Green Mile book and film. There were some changes, but not major ones. I think the changes in the film were better visually, like getting John Coffey to the flickers. I just finished re reading it and it made me cry in several places. I still saw, in my head, the film and was not dissappointed with the comparisons. Watch it again, a second viwing may change your mind.

I enjoyed the movie very much, I thought Tom Hanks was brilliant for his role and I like the faced the John Coffee actor looked mean. If he'd look sweet and gentle, what would be the surprise finding out he was so softhearted? But hey - I totally get how a film can really seem lousy after reading the book it was based on. Books simply work better - because they use our own imagination for casting.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast