This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake The Green Mile

Smile Re: Remake The Green Mile

Quote Originally Posted by ally88 View Post
    You are definitely not an outcast, and I can't imagine you have offended anyone by having a differing opinion. We are ALL entitled to our own views here.

As for remaking the movie, all I can say is NO!!
    This is one of my favourite movies, I believe all the actors portrayed their chosen characters excellently. No movie is ever going to mirror the novel exactly, yet this is by far one of the best adaptations of an Uncle Steve novel IMO.
    my sentiments exactly well said

Default Re: Remake The Green Mile

The movie is terrific. Leave well enough alone!

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Let's remake 'Top Gun' with a new soundtrack while we're at it?

~BJS

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDufresne View Post
    You should stop expecting a carbon copy of the book, when you're watching an adaptation. Something like that will never happen.
    I beg to differ. Coppola's adaptation of "The Outsiders" was word for freaking word. Not saying that as a possitive that movie felt pointless cause it was like "well I already read the book...." I agree that you should not expect a carbon copy and appreciate the adaption for what it is and enjoy it on it's own. Loyalty to the tone, theme and idea of the novel is way more important which Darabounts "The Green Mile" got right.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Zadow View Post
    I beg to differ. Coppola's adaptation of "The Outsiders" was word for freaking word. Not saying that as a possitive that movie felt pointless cause it was like "well I already read the book...." I agree that you should not expect a carbon copy and appreciate the adaption for what it is and enjoy it on it's own. Loyalty to the tone, theme and idea of the novel is way more important which Darabounts "The Green Mile" got right.
    That's the point I was trying to make. If you try to replicate the book, it will only be more disturbing in the end. Either because it's a replica, or because it misses the point. Thankfully Darabont doesn't fall into that trap. Can you imagine how The Shawshank Redemption would've ended up without the theme of 'institutionalization' being much stronger than it ever was in the short story? It'd be horrible.

People think Michael Clarke Duncan looks mean? I think he looks like huge, squishy, teddy bear. I always wanna pinch his cheeks every time I see him. I thought he looked more sad than mean during that whole movie.

I loved the movie too.
    Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Welcome to the MB.

Read the book in monthly parts and several re-reads since.

Couldn't disagree more, LOVE the movie!

Long days and pleasant nights
    AWJS.

They can`t make it better, no way.

And how would you fit a Daughtry song into a movie that`s for the most part happening in the 30-ties ?

The Green Mile, along with Shawshank and Stand By Me, is one of the best movies adapted from King's work. I just wish Hollywood would get around to hiring the same level of talent for his more horrifying stories.

- Smikes

How anyone can ever say that 'The Green Mile' needs to be remade has totally not read the book properly or watched the film in depth. The book was totally awesome and one of the best books to be written while the film just brought the book to life. Michael Clark Duncan as John Coffey was brilliant, you really couldn't pick a better person to play the part, the same can be said for Tom Hanks. Infact, I have watched the film 32 times now and thought everyone involved acted brilliantly, 32 times and absolutely broke my heart each time, not just when John Coffey was executed either.
    I can honestly say that 'The Green Mile' is one of the best films I have ever had the privelege to see.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast