Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Long Walk... for real?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: The Long Walk... for real?

Default The Long Walk... for real?

And now You can do it for real. Sure, a long way from US. But hey - why donīt you do the same somewere in the states? Just copy my idea (which of course is Stephens idea). Or come to Sweden next sommer. You find it here www.fotrally.se.

Go for it!

Pontus in Sweden.

Default Re: The Long Walk... for real?

Not being able to read Swedish, I couldn't check out the details but ummm.....you're not going to actually shoot people are you? (just kidding, but you did say do it for real )

There is a smal English flag to the left under the main banner. If you clik the flag everything turns into... english! Tada!

in english it translates as:

fotrally 2010 - Thursday, July 1st, 12.00 p.m.

Long walks are for dog owners, bird feeders and people who write contact ads. fotrally, on the other hand, is a competition where you keep on walking until there is only one participant left. Will that be you? The question is not how far you manage to walk in a nice and slow pace. The question is if your willpower is stronger than your lack of sleep, your numb legs and your burning galls? Can you eat and walk at the same time? Tie your shoes at 5km/h? Use toilets on wheels when nature calls? Is your willpower your strongest asset?

Welcome to take part of a unique challenge!

This is great! It looks rather cushy with rolling toilets and guys refilling your water bottles. I assume they don't shot you if you drop below speed?

As a big fan of The Long Walk I think this is pretty cool! Although I can't imagine this being legal in the USA. Seems too dangerous.

You could win but you may not want what's at the end . . .

Sorry for being tardy....just finished the AB!

As I was listening, I was wondering if anyone had tried "officially or un-officially" to organize a Long Walk.

Making it a benefit/charity type of thing would be interesting. Sponsor walkers and such.

Yea, yea.....guess they better use paint balls for the eliminations.

I thought when I was reading it that it would be cool if someone did a real Long Walk but replaced a bullet with a gentle tap on the shoulder to tell you that you were out of the running (um... walking). Now someone has!

I remember also thinking it could be dangerous even without bullets, people walking into complete exhaustion... but then, people die running marathons and they're still very popular.