Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dark Tower Movie speculation - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie speculation

Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

I always thought Dennis Quaid would make an excellent Roland, if you've ever seen him play Doc Holliday in the movie Wyatt Earp, he can pull it off. Edward Norton would have made a great Eddie Dean, but he's too old now. Jack Palance would have been an amazing Eldred Jonas, but he's dead. So yeah, Sam Elliot works.

if google news is to be believed Ron wants to have Viggo. To me that feels right somehow. What an amazing thing this is actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    if google news is to be believed Ron wants to have Viggo. To me that feels right somehow. What an amazing thing this is actually happening.
    Hi,

Viggo will so the part justice I don't doubt.

But in a hundred years when people watch LotR (which they will IMO) and ST (I hope) they'll think we only had the one actor to play the hero and I think they'll get their Aragorn's confused with their Roland's and it will invite comparisaons with LotR that I hoipe it can stand up to, but it's a high benchmark in moviemalking IMO.

But he'd be great in the part otherwise.

Long days and pleasant nights

yeah an unknown actor could make an epic like The Dark Tower an be remembered as only Roland i think that would be cool. wouldnt it be cool if Sai King picked some of the actors.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Viggo will so the part justice I don't doubt.

But in a hundred years when people watch LotR (which they will IMO) and ST (I hope) they'll think we only had the one actor to play the hero and I think they'll get their Aragorn's confused with their Roland's and it will invite comparisaons with LotR that I hoipe it can stand up to, but it's a high benchmark in moviemalking IMO.

But he'd be great in the part otherwise.

Na im not buyin the Viggo thing - Stick him in as Patrick d (judging from the cracking Jesus painted back spread of Patrck D), get someone who looks the part - trawl the streets , find clint eastwoods TWINNY and make that part his - someone new - take the chance i say . This could be epic or, please no ,an epic fail!! Im wanting to see how they cope with the jumping through doors - are we going to see a time bandits portal appear?!?!?? and are we going to see the world through eddie deans eyes like "being John Mallkovich"? Whatever the results some of us are going to be spewing (hopefully (please) not me! Ive been there already with the Phantom menace !!!!!
    (can u put a bracket (?) in a bracket)?

hat tip hand to head.

New to the site and happy to have others who these books have great importance. The D.T. chacters are very real to me. sometimes I think I'll look up and see them. I read Cujo at 8 or 9 and have been an addicted C.R. ever since. The D.T books and Insomnia left a great impression. I have mixed feelings about a movie/ t.v. series. The characters really have to be chosen carefullly. I think most people would say if it was possible- Clint Eastwood. Obviously there aren't alot of people who can pull Roland and his his ka-tet off, not to mention the complexities of the story. I love Sam Elliot and could deal with that , not sure about Viggo. What agout Mark Harmon? The Stand was pretty well cast but there were a few I couldn't stand (i.e. Molly Ringwald.) Any thoughts? Also interested in the comic se.ries for those who have read them Thanks

AGREED!!! Sam Elliot is ROLAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwomp View Post
    I'm still pushing for Hugh Laurie as Roland:

the lovely Angela Bassett for Susannah:

and the kid from Breaking Bad as Eddie could be interesting...

and my dog as Oy (with some minor CG enhancement, of course):

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY SOMEBODY AGREES THAT AARON PAUL SHOULD PLAY EDDIE DEAN!!!!!!!!!!!! he is young enough, and he plays a junkie in breaking bad. Eddie Dean is my favorite character i have read the series twice and when i heard about the movie Aaron Paul popped in my head. Yet nobody agrees with me or even give me any feedback........................

the version i read he is 23. born in 1964

Hi,

I'm sorry, I can't take Hugh Laurie seriously, fine Scottish actor as he is.

For me, he'll always be Stephen Fry's foil in Jeeves and Wooster or a well-meaning but stupid fop in Blackadder.

PLEASE not Hugh Laurie.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast