This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 297

Thread: Dark Tower Movie speculation

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    I was here but now am there.
    Posts
    27

    Default The Dark Tower will not be made

    News today that negotiations with the NBC execs canned the production of the Ron Howard project. Reason: too expensive.
    My humble suggestion is to bring the project to Showtime. They have the balls to put a project like this together and it can be an R rating.
    Stupid NBC!
    GRUMBLE......

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    171

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    I've read a few comments today in which people have stated they are happy that The Dark Tower project has been "potentially" dumped by Universal because they feel Ron Howard is wrong for the project. Mr. Howard is a damn (yes I used the damn word, sorry ) fine director in my opinion who has simply chosen the wrong material for some of his films. But as we all know, that is clearly not the issue here. The Dark Tower story is rock solid and very ambitious for a movie or multiple movie/tv series project. So it doesn't just need a solid director, it needs someone with the passion to see it made right. Looking at the fact that Mr. Howard spent a year on his pitch before he approached Mr. King, shows how respectful he is to the man and the material - only suggests to me that perhaps he is the "only" man for the job.

    Now lets just hope Warner have the hunger and the money for a new franchise...

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by seanryan View Post
    I've read a few comments today in which people have stated they are happy that The Dark Tower project has been "potentially" dumped by Universal because they feel Ron Howard is wrong for the project. Mr. Howard is a damn (yes I used the damn word, sorry ) fine director in my opinion who has simply chosen the wrong material for some of his films. But as we all know, that is clearly not the issue here. The Dark Tower story is rock solid and very ambitious for a movie or multiple movie/tv series project. So it doesn't just need a solid director, it needs someone with the passion to see it made right. Looking at the fact that Mr. Howard spent a year on his pitch before he approached Mr. King, shows how respectful he is to the man and the material - only suggests to me that perhaps he is the "only" man for the job.

    Now lets just hope Warner have the hunger and the money for a new franchise...
    Harry Potter franchise ends this year so you never know.

  4. #194
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    The man has spoken -- or at least emailed. Apparently Mr. K sent an e-mail to his pals at Entertainment Weekly, in which he told them:

    “I’m sorry Universal passed, but not really surprised. As a rule, they’ve been about smaller and less risky pix; maybe they feel it would be better to stick with those fast and furious racing boys. I bear them no ill will, and trust Ron Howard to get Roland and his friends before the camera somewhere else. He’s very committed to the project.”

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    I would like to be privy to the behind the scenes wrangling on issues of script (which I'm sure the studios quibble about) are pushing. My feeling is that the script of the Drawing of the Three is probably the real issue.

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ---------Hormigueros, PR
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Couldn't Peter Jackson do for The Dark Tower what he did for Lord of the Rings? (And I must insist that Christian Bale play
    Roland Deschain.)

  7. #197
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by prufrock21 View Post
    Couldn't Peter Jackson do for The Dark Tower what he did for Lord of the Rings? (And I must insist that Christian Bale play
    Roland Deschain.)
    Hi,

    As far as I remember, Peter Jackson was asked this specific question in an interview in the UK some years ago and he said that he wouldn't be interested in devoting the rest of life to such a project at his age (look how long The Hobbit has dragged on!).

    A great pity, isn't it?

    He'd be PERFECT for the job IMO

    Long days and pleasant nights

  8. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Awesome selection...

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ---------Hormigueros, PR
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    I can see, JD, where Mr. Jackson would be wary of taking on another project as difficult and demanding as Lord of the Rings.
    However, he has proven he is up to the task. It would be a masterpiece, the Dark Tower on the big screen--his crowning achievement. There would be another Oscar in it for him. He could retire after this. The possibilities are endless.

  10. #200
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by prufrock21 View Post
    I can see, JD, where Mr. Jackson would be wary of taking on another project as difficult and demanding as Lord of the Rings.
    However, he has proven he is up to the task. It would be a masterpiece, the Dark Tower on the big screen--his crowning achievement. There would be another Oscar in it for him. He could retire after this. The possibilities are endless.
    Hi,

    Aye, indeed.

    But it would depend on your age and energy and appetite for a long project, would it not?

    Wikipedia reference-linkPeter Jackson

    But I certainly agree that he would be by far the best possible choice in a perfect world.

    Long days and pleasant nights

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 175
    Last Post: October 14th, 2013, 12:45 AM
  2. The Dark Tower Ending - I HATED IT! **SPOILERS**
    By vivazebool in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: September 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
  3. The Real Ending to The Dark Tower
    By wisemo in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: August 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM
  4. A Dark Tower Soundtrack
    By Nutty Bavarian in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: July 7th, 2013, 04:04 AM
  5. the dark tower -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free!
    By Lencho_of_the_Apes in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •