Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dark Tower Movie speculation - Page 27

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie speculation

Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

I'm not really sure if Viggo is able to pull of the role of Roland. He's too.. I'd like to say emotional? Or something... I think Roland should be played by someone with more "mysterious charisma".. It's hard to explain exactly what I mean, since Roland is a very emotional character. Also, I don't think Viggo has the right looks for playing Roland.

I've actually started liking the thought of having Javier portraying Roland. At first I didn't like it because I never pictured Roland being of any other descent but caucasian, but somehow I've grown into the thought of him having some latino characteristics. Javier is an excellent actor, and I'm almost sure he could pull of the charisma and "witty" characteristics Roland has.

A couple of days ago, while I was watching The Walking Dead, I realized something. The kid who plays Carl, Chandler Riggs I think he's called, could be an excellent choice for the role of Jake, what do you think? Judging from his looks I'd say he's about the right age too.

As many others, I've always thought it doesn't really matter who they choose to play Jake, because let's face it, there's a bigger possibility for success if it's someone new rather than someone we've already seen everywhere.

Another good choice could be the kid who plays Bran Stark on Game of Thrones. I know, he is still too young, but since it's only recently been announced that HBO will take over the series, it means there's still going to be a couple of years before they start putting it into production. By that time, I think he'll be of the right age.

Has anyone seen the actor in the new AMC program, Hell on Wheels. He kind of looks like what I pictured for Roland, except the beard is a little too heavy. He's got that mysterious quality about him too. I wish I could remember his name. Any one know who I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by momone53 View Post
    Has anyone seen the actor in the new AMC program, Hell on Wheels. He kind of looks like what I pictured for Roland, except the beard is a little too heavy. He's got that mysterious quality about him too. I wish I could remember his name. Any one know who I mean?
    Is this him?

I haven't actually started watching Hell on Wheels yet, but it's high on my list of series to check out. Maybe I should give it a watch this weekend..

I found this at HuffPost, its a little bit of an interview with Ron.

"I continue to be interested in the possibility of "Dark Tower" functioning in a movie version and a television version. If I get to do "Dark Tower," there's also a video game element that would be a part of fleshing out the narrative of the Stephen King universe. I think it's time to be adventuresome, be bold, and sort of explore the ways in which people want to experience characters, relationships, settings and situations."

very interesting.

I would love to see this movie/TV melting pot idea come to fruition, but I'd be totally happy with recurring hour long drama on HBO or Showtime (sorry, I think the bad language adds something). I can see it running for years, like Lost or Sopranos. It could last forever with the way this series is written!!

"One pixel can change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - Metro View Post
    There will be water if God wills it !

Thankd for the update, Brian.

Attachment 15063

Lets hope they get Jamey Sheridan to play Tick Tock Man

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    There will be water if God wills it !

Thankd for the update, Brian.
    There will be Money if Ka wills it.

Quote Originally Posted by momone53 View Post
    His name is Anson Mount. Would be a good choice, agreed. However, I'm one of those annoying people that hopes DT films do not get made.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast