This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 297

Thread: Dark Tower Movie speculation

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    hossenpepper, I disagree with you. The Harry Potter series proved that you can film a multi-novel series effectively. No film is like the book but there are certainly parts of the DT series that a film could do without (Brown & Zultan from book 1 for instance). Just remember, it's always the director's adaptation or vision of the book you are seeing, not the author's (or yours).

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    i would go with sam elliot or vin disel as roland just my thoughts

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by TPG555 View Post
    hossenpepper, I disagree with you. The Harry Potter series proved that you can film a multi-novel series effectively. No film is like the book but there are certainly parts of the DT series that a film could do without (Brown & Zultan from book 1 for instance). Just remember, it's always the director's adaptation or vision of the book you are seeing, not the author's (or yours).
    For me, this is not really about my vision. I realize that could never be what completely comes across, so it mroe about it being as close to all inclusive and the story as possible. I hear what you are saying about excess storylines/events. Valid points all.

    The Gunslinger, for instance, is short enough in just pure page count that it could be a very good 2-3 hour movie. Drawing of Three treads into possibly 2 movies. Beyond that, only Song of Susannah is "short" enough to even consider putting into a single movie, while maintaining the whole story. The rest of the books are just too long, too much happens and it just seems to me that to try to cram them into a single, even 3hr plus, movie would force them to cut a lot of the progression and back story elements. Then it becomes: What do you cut? Who makes that decision? I read somewhere that Steve has been pondering retirement eventually and it seems this would make sure that never happened if he was intimately involved. I personally wouldn't want to see it if Steve didn't have a least a tacet involvement in the project. The story is just too important.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    That guy would be a terrible Eddie Dean, I'm sorry, that would destroy everything for me.
    Viggo Mortenson would make great Roland and so would that chick you chose for Susannah but your choice for Eddie is very bad. Jared Leto would make the best Eddie Dean I think, and Jake Gyllenhal would be runnerup. Here's a pic of Jared Leto. He was a heroin addict in Requiem for a Dream too and he played the part splendidly and very much resembled the character from the book. I think he'd make the best Eddie.

    ^^ Jared Leto as Eddie Dean.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Leto is a great choice for Eddie but is Leto still doing movie's as I think he is just been doing musici recently?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Book-And-Counting View Post
    Leto is a great choice for Eddie but is Leto still doing movie's as I think he is just been doing musici recently?
    He should stick to doing movies... I can't stand his music personally... But I agree he has the right look for Eddie...almost a little TOO young and "edgy" though.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Er0tic NeUr0t1c View Post
    That guy would be a terrible Eddie Dean, I'm sorry, that would destroy everything for me.
    Viggo Mortenson would make great Roland and so would that chick you chose for Susannah but your choice for Eddie is very bad. Jared Leto would make the best Eddie Dean I think, and Jake Gyllenhal would be runnerup. Here's a pic of Jared Leto. He was a heroin addict in Requiem for a Dream too and he played the part splendidly and very much resembled the character from the book. I think he'd make the best Eddie.

    ^^ Jared Leto as Eddie Dean.
    Leto would be terrible!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Roland-Billy Bob Thorton
    Eddie-Colin Farrell
    Walter-Willam Dafoe
    Susannah- I always pictured her as that girl from mad tv, lol! I don't know her name
    Jake- That one kid from bridge to Tarabithia

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleEstey View Post
    Leto would be terrible!
    nah man think about it and how he was in Requiem for a Dream. The only thing is Eddie throws jokes around and such ivery now and then and Leto's always pissed or something it seems but I still think it'd be good.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

    I think either Liam Neeson, Christian Bale, or Sam Worthington would be a great Roland

    I think Mark Wahlberg or Johnny Depp would be a good Eddie Dean

    Either Zoe Saldana or Jada Pinkett Smith as Susannah

    And Christopher Lee as the voice of Blaine the Mono HAHAHA YES OH YES!

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 175
    Last Post: October 14th, 2013, 12:45 AM
  2. The Dark Tower Ending - I HATED IT! **SPOILERS**
    By vivazebool in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: September 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
  3. The Real Ending to The Dark Tower
    By wisemo in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: August 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM
  4. A Dark Tower Soundtrack
    By Nutty Bavarian in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: July 7th, 2013, 04:04 AM
  5. the dark tower -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free!
    By Lencho_of_the_Apes in forum The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •