Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dark Tower Movie speculation - Page 9

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie speculation

A Southern State in the US (it's above Florida, yet still swampy in places)

Default Re: Dark Tower Movie speculation

This is a hot mess! Walken as Roland? His portrayal of the gunslinger would be a parody. Jared Padalecki only emotes when he's screaming (houseofwaxhouseofwaxhouseofwaxrememberthatanyone? houseofwax!) Anyone from heroes is on the 18th of their 15 allotted minutes. On the plus side, "why yes I did love your performance in the Dark Tower movies Ms. Rutina Wesley". Please lobby for her to play Susannah, Mr.Stephen King. I can't help it, I'm afraid the films could easily go BAD, and am maybe overly defensive.

For Roland i thought if he could work on his accent i think Christopher Walken would do a good job

Lots of weird choices for The Man in Black. That guy looks too young. Of course I'm biased because I haven't seen him in anything. But here was one of my first thoughts when casting came into consideration.

Attachment 10352

Jeff Kober. I've seen him play a minor role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a cult leader/murderer on Law and Order: SVU (the episode "Charisma"). It was the way he talked to people. The way he controlled people, manipulated them mentally. It was pretty awesome to watch and if anyone else has seen it, then I'd like to hear their thoughts.

Hi again guys
    Thank you too those who gave me feedback on my choices and looking back on it now i agree some of them were not well thought through so i came up with some more that i thought might be better choices. Once again any feedback will be welcomed.
    Before i picked Chrisopher Walken for Roland but now i realise this is unrealistic and also i picked Jarrod Padelecki for The Man In Black purely based on Supernatural as i am a big fan. At first i thought unknown actors would be better doing this and part of me still does but here is what i came up with for celebrities to play these roles and hopefully these choices would be more suited to the role.

For Roland Deschain
    - Sean Bean
    -Also i have found comments on Josh Halloway from Lost which would be interesting.
    -I have seen Lance Hendrickson as an idea and like it although i think Lance may be too old for the part.

for Cort
    -Tobin Bell
    -and Terry O'Quinn who i aslo could see as Gasher

for Stevin Deschain
    -I think everyone likes the idea of Sam Elliot and i have to agree

For Eddy
    -I still like the idea of Noramn Reecus
    -and if the can dig him back up maybe Edward Furlong
    -i thought of Ryan Renalds but Van Wilder keeps coming to mind

For Susannah
    -I still like the idea of Rutina Wesley

For Jake
    -I am still stumped on Jake

for The Man In Black
    -I have seen Gary Oldmans name come up and like it.
    -But also came up with Jason Isaacs who could probably also pull off Eldred Jonas

for Tick Tock
    -Liev Schreiber
    -and Danny Huston

this is what i have come up with so far hope to hear back what you think.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brando85 View Post
    For Jake
    -I am still stumped on Jake
    The only good child actor that I've seen in years is Kåre Hedebrant, but he's probably wrong for it too.

Jake is Jake, and Blaine is a pain.

On a similar note, I always heard Kelsey Grammar's voice as Blaine. I think he'd be perfect for it. He can be creepy when he wants.

Anyone nominate Halle Berry as Susannah Dean yet?
    I find it awesome how so many of us had Sam Elliot in mind when reading Wizard and Glass! I couldn't picture anyone else.

I agree on Eddie, Jonas and Mia, but I would prefer a thinner man in the part of Roland. Dennis Quaid has a big healthy face, not quite the right one.

I keep feeling Daniel Day Lewis would be perfect. I just can't decide if he'd be better as Roland or Walter. And Jim Caveziel? How old is he right now? Not enough I'm afraid...

Again, for Walter: what about Cillian Murphy? Odd but adequate, I'd say.

About Susannah: Jada Pinkett is way too short. I'd choose Rosario Dawson too.

For Paul "Pimli" Prentiss: Philip Seymour Hoffman?

Quote Originally Posted by lilythmageborn View Post
    I actually made the following fantasy cast list last night:
    Roland

Dennis Quaid, so long as you could keep him from grinning like an idiot like he seems prone to do. Has dark hair, blue eyes, and looks especially rugged when he's sporting a 5 o'clock shadow. Plus he has the deep voice needed that other possibles like Hugh Laurie and Viggo Mortensen sort of lack.

Eddie

Jake Gyllenghaal. The pic is just an example of him with shaggy hair, though he'd need to wear hazel green contacts.

Susannah

Jada Pinkett looks the part to me and I think she could pull off a Detta pretty well.

Jake
    I think Jake's actor doesn't need to be famous. Any young teenage boy with sandy blond hair and blue eyes could fill the role.

I also had some ideas for some of the more minor characters.
    Walter
    I can't think of anyone who could possibly be better than Willem Dafoe. As Randall Flagg though they might want to have a different actor.

Callahan
    James Cromwell. What can I say? They did a good job casting him in 'Salem's Lot.

Mia

Claire Forlani. She has the face, hair, body. I think she could pull off the "innocent" look better than someone like Angelina Jolie for instance.

Eldred Jonas

Sam Elliott. Nuff Said.

Sam Elliot has to be Callahan!

Mads Mikkelsen as Roland? Would be great!
    Eddie Dean - Josh Holloway or Rami Malek (maybe Rami is a bit too young looking)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruefu View Post
    Sam Elliot has to be Callahan!

Mads Mikkelsen as Roland? Would be great!
    Eddie Dean - Josh Holloway or Rami Malek (maybe Rami is a bit too young looking)
    Hi,

Ever since I've seen that with the current state of CGI it's perfectly possible I'll hold out for Clint Eastwood forty years ago as Roland.

Long days and pleasant nights

Maybe brad paisley as a young Roland?

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast