Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any Good? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Good?

Default Re: Any Good?

IMO you dont need to read the Talisman first...BUT...i think reading the Talisman first will keep the suspence, if you read the Black House you will allready know the happenings in the talisman...But either way there two of the best!!......WOLF!!

Scott C., Black House is definitely good, and highly recommended, IMO....just ask Bluey!

You don't have to read The Talisman first, but I think you should. It will just add to your enjoyment. I loved both of them.

Re: Any Good?

As did I, Sharon. And I do think The Talisman should be read first, though not essentially.

DO NOT flip to the back of the book and read the last page.

This used to be a really twisted habit of mine and I've finally cured myself of it.

Uh oh.....I think I just threw a subliminal suggestion your way......never mind.

Thats the great thing about this one you really can read Black House without having had to read Talisman, but it kind of adds a bit to the depth of the novel if you have. Still can't put it down now that I've gotten started with it. I can almost distinguish what parts are Straubs words and what are Kings I get a kick out of that.

I agree it kind of takes a few pages to kick in but it sucks you in shortly, also don't have to read Talisman first but I kind of think it adds a bit of depth to it if you have.

I really loved the Talisman, and I enjoyed this book as well. I really love some of the characters. However, the narration vehicle he uses, with that bird's eye point of view (let's move away from this scene and head up the street to where little jimmy just fell off his bike), was THE most distracting and annoying thing I have ever found in a King book. Hated that. Found it sound distracting.

I actually read "Black House" before I read the Talisman. You can definitely read them out of order, and doing so actually intrigued me to read "The Talisman." Black House is a great read, I couldn't put it down.

I had a whole new way of looking at bikers after I read Black House! hahaha To this day, Talisman remains one of my fav's, and I was really happy when Black House came out. It didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I'm just waiting for the movie...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast