This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any Good?

Default Re: Any Good?

One of the best book of SK, you gonna like it

Just finished this book earlier today. Wow. What a book. I loved it. A sequel that beats the original, in my humble opinion. And what more, it left open the possibility of a third! I sure hope they write it! Now to try and finish The Tommyknockers...

I really liked the book. I didn't think it was slow in the beginning, necessarily, but I have to say I didn't really like the writing style in the first part of the book. It seemed like they overly described every little detail of the physical appearance of the town, etc. I also didn't like the way in which they referred to floating above everything and moving elsewhere to check out other people and places. It was distracting and a little too self-referential for me. It's a book; we expect the storyteller to be omniscient, we don't need to be told we're floating along like a bird to different places...just tell us the story, please. That being said, I thought it was a very good book. All that strange style of writing seemed to lessen as the book went on. I only really noticed it in the first 100 pages or so.

I loved every word on every page.

This is the best book ever. My absolute favorite, along with Salems Lot and Misery. Such a classic, i still have to get around to reading The Talisman because i'm sure that after I do, it too will be right up there with my favorite books.

I'd love to see "Travelin Jack" make another appearance someday......what a great character he is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345