Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
what is god to you/what do you revere? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: what is god to you/what do you revere?

Talking Re: what is god to you?

Glad u admit ---God is a he! Male power yah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    He's everything to me and I never doubt Him.

Default Re: what is god to you?

For Me God is the universe... in everything.... Believe there is a connection to all ---

not into organized religion

Hi,
    Right, I am skeptical, therefore, I don't know
    god, unless, appear some concrete proof.

Considering the fact that all humans will believe and hear only what they want to - I can say that I don't necessarily believe in a god. I interpret what is right and wrong for me, through personal experiences - so if my morals are my 'god', then I guess that my personal 'god' is none other than what I have created for myself.

Under The Dome is my God right now...

I don't follow any organized religion, I have never fit in. I believe in God and the Lord. They have lifted me up out of the gutter and helped me in my hours of desperation. It truly is a miracle that I met my husband, I look at him as my gift from God. After years of abusive relationships he gave me just what I needed when it comes to my hubby.

I was living 200 miles away, had a steady job and bam! my life fell apart. My employer died and her children came in and fired everyone who worked for the apartments I was managing. I was given 24 hours to move out. I questioned God for doing this to me. Why? I asked. I was angry. I wound up moving back here and moving in with my mom. I had no where else to go. I could not believe that at 34 I would have to do such a thing.

I went out one night to sing karaoke, and a miracle happened. I met my husband that night. Come to find out, he had just broke off a 10 year relationship with an abusive woman and had to move in with his mother. He had lost his house in the break up and only had his truck and the clothes on his back.But, we fell deeply in love.

What are the chances that I would be forced to move 200 miles away and him 45 miles away to meet? Why did BOTH of our lives crumble at the same time? Some could say it was chance or coincidence, but it was a miracle to me.

To further my point, here is something else. We both lived just a couple of blocks from each other when we were in our teens, but never met. We probably passed each other many times, but God knew we were not ready for each other yet. I believe that he guided us through those years so that we would have the children that we have. He kept us apart so that later in life we would be happy and be able to raise our children together.

I believe in God, just not the God that the folks in my neck of the wood believe in. I don't think God cares if I eat meat on Fridays, if I have my hair covered, or if I am out hunting evil-doers. I don't think he gives two shakes if I vote R or D, if I love a man or a woman, or if my husband is black, green, yellow or purple.

What I do think he cares about is that I do my best to treat others fairly and with love. That I try to make good decisions that do not hurt others. I think there is virtue in the willingness to put oneself in another's place, and realize that while I may not like the choices others make, it is not my place to tell them they are wrong. Nor is it my place to dictate what options they have- it is my job to love them even when I do not like them.

I am pretty much a left brain person, but that cold logical part of me has to bow down to a higher power when I see my daughters' nose wrinkle when they laugh, when my foot touches my husbands foot in bed at night, or I smell the ozone before a storm. It just confirms to me that there is a purpose, even if I don't know it or understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by rjt65 View Post
    For Me God is the universe... in everything.... Believe there is a connection to all ---

not into organized religion

I actually wrote an article titled, God Is The Universe.

Science is the new religion and the only one that can prove it's theories.

Our existence is due to elements found in space cultivating here on earth
    and any intelligent life that exists beyond our sight is not being found for a reason...yet

My belief in God is absolute. My faith guides every decision I make.

God "IS" He is called by many names, but regardless of how he is defined, he simply IS

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast