This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: what is god to you/what do you revere?

Default Re: what is god to you?

For this one, I will quote Mark Twain: "The quickest cure for christianity is to read the bible." 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by catnoel View Post
    God "IS" He is called by many names, but regardless of how he is defined, he simply IS
    Maybe 2 you...to me he just isn't...it's all in the point of view.

boogerb53 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Hi,
    Right, I am skeptical, therefore, I don't know
    god, unless, appear some concrete proof.
    That's why it's called FAITH!!!

boogerb53 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davemelnick View Post
    I work w/ a property appraiser. Iow, dealing w/ real-life facts -. Then again, always get LOL when I hear religious nuts speak of illogical events/plagiarisms & frauds as real-life history. At best I can see why they rely on astronomy & astrology & economics/trade for milleneas.
    I work for a pest control company, dealing with real life termites and bugs. What does that and your statement have to do with anything. We deal with real life facts all the time. It doesn't preclude faith. And why am i a nut because I choose to take God on faith? I don't believe in astrology or reading the stars (I guess that's what you mean by astonomy) to make any decisions. Who do you know that does? And if they believe in astrology and use it to make decisions AND say they are a Christian, they are not practing what the bible preaches. Astrology is the same as false prophets and should be used for entertainment purposes only.

And by calling we who believe "religious nuts" you are judging and persecuting us and that is wrong whether you are a Christian or not.

Nope, don't believe in GOD! Too macho for me.. Typical male coming to the rescue.. and calling all the shots! HA, seems emancipation hasn't reached to heaven yet!
    Until there is talk about a GODDESS I'm keeping my options open.

Agnostic for the win
    I tried believing in a god once, never did anything for me, couldn't feel what other people seemed to feel, figured it was just all chemical related, you know like dopamine and other chemicals in the brain
    I realized how many other possibilities there are, and it all just turned to stone
    I believe in the inability to fully understand things, and that faith is just a game, a silly game that makes no sense, as if our lives are just gambles; the idea that we were created just to love and worship whatever god so we can make it to whatever paradise is just stupid to me, and I'm not really sure why other people don't see how funny it all is really; overall, I don't really have a problem with religion, just those who follow it, who block off all thought for the idea that maybe it's not what they think it is, that maybe it's possible we're all being scammed; I don't mean no disrespect, and I'm getting into any debate, so don't bother calling me names or trying to prove me wrong, because I'm not here to be proven wrong, nor am I here to be proven right, just speaking my mind

Quote Originally Posted by boogerb53 View Post
    That's why it's called FAITH!!!
    Hi again,

I always asked for me, what is faith?Then I came
    to following conclusion: Faith, at least for me, is to
    believe in things that don't exist, ie, the ancient
    civilizations had faith in his gods, but until now any
    evidence about existence of anyone been found.
    Otherwise, we would have a Universe riddled with of gods.

edit: I meant to say I'm NOT getting into any debate; sorry for the confusion for anyone who might have read my really long post lol

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Hi again,

I always asked for me, what is faith?Then I came
    to following conclusion: Faith, at least for me, is to
    believe in things that don't exist, ie, the ancient
    civilizations had faith in his gods, but until now any
    evidence about existence of anyone been found.
    Otherwise, we would have a Universe riddled with of gods.
    Well, maybe the universe is, and we're just the dust & so many icky microbes on one of their marbles...or dust bunnies.

Now while I don't have "faith" or "a faith" in any ideological supreme being or beings, I don't understand why faith in something would have to be relegated to something that doesn't necessarily exist...or does..or even hasn't..or has, for that matter.

I have faith in me, so by using that logic, then I don't exist...okay, so now maybe I'm gettin' a little creeped out.

He is my creator and redeemer.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast