This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: what is god to you/what do you revere?

Default Re: what is god to you?

In my family I have a wicken, a Catholic, a Cavalry Baptist and a Marine with religion and me. I have my beliefs. They are in a higher power that gives us choices and free will and does not judge (lest ye be judged). I was born Baptist, raised Catholic, hung out with Wickens and now I am what I am.

God is whoever taught a spider to spin a web as a trap for food. Like the spider, I'd rather have the groceries come to me.

I despise organized religions and the way they trash talk other's beliefs, so I study up on the way the Aboriginals (Canada's First Nations people) view things spiritually.

There is something out there but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2 View Post
    In my family I have a wicken, a Catholic, a Cavalry Baptist and a Marine with religion and me. I have my beliefs. They are in a higher power that gives us choices and free will and does not judge (lest ye be judged). I was born Baptist, raised Catholic, hung out with Wickens and now I am what I am.
    You got some patter, so if your sportin' a radical tat, and missin' just one tooth, you could be a carny...am I close..I am huh...yeeaahhh come on..what shows you play huh huh?

(seriously, just whisper it to me, no one'll know)

As for me, I'm a Christian and God is God, the Great "I Am." Jesus is his son, and my savior. It took me a long while to commit to him, and a lot of study. I studied all of the major world religions, many of the minor ones, and atheism. But in the end, Christianity was the only one that seemed logical and made sense to me. It's the one that speaks the truth to me, so I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    You got some patter, so if your sportin' a radical tat, and missin' just one tooth, you could be a carny...am I close..I am huh...yeeaahhh come on..what shows you play huh huh?

(seriously, just whisper it to me, no one'll know)

I have approximately 20 hours of "tats" as you call them, not so many as most. Not a carny but definitely my own person. I could be a Carny but choose to work in Higher Education in an "almost" Ivy league University (so that almost ranks me as a carny, wouldn't you say)? Check you posts! Hugs and kisses!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2 View Post
    I have approximately 20 hours of "tats" as you call them, not so many as most. Not a carny but definitely my own person. I could be a Carny but choose to work in Higher Education in an "almost" Ivy league University (so that almost ranks me as a carny, wouldn't you say)? Check you posts! Hugs and kisses!
    Oh yeah babe, most definitely you'd fit right in!
    Some of the smartest professors I've ever met were on the road..some were even actual egghead profs...yes, I have in fact talked to some...why some even talked back to me..it could happen.

One of the grooviest, was a tatooed Doctor of something or other (philosophy I think), who had a freakin' swell geek act, but mostly worked as a Bobo (you know, drown the obnoxious clown).
    So ya see, there's nothing in that 'lil sucker job for you to be ashamed of, it's good to know ones limitations.

I work as a "jock strap" for the so called "egghead profs". Still up there in the geek ranks but my head isn't has far up in the clouds and I have maintained my common sense

Quote Originally Posted by OhmyGod! View Post
    Maybe 2 you...to me he just isn't...it's all in the point of view.
    Curious considering your moniker.

God is the gossamer dew on the morning grass... the sound of a cold babbling brook... the smell of "Puppy Breath"... that fluffy white cloud that just floated past... the way the sunlight strikes the ripples on a lake that makes it seem to almost whisper words forever wet.
    If you're always looking for the face of Satan (you'll find it) but you just missed all of these things!
    I don't need to sit in a pew to appreciate this!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast