This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The stand remake?

Question The stand remake?

Hello How is everyone? I hope you are having some pleasant holidays... Hello Ms Mod and all the Mods on here and everyone else... I Was Wondering If anyone Knew if they were going to Remake The Stand and when do u think it will be in Pre- Production... ?

Thanks
    Happy Holidays Everyone

Default Re: The stand remake?

There aren't any plans for a remake that I'm aware of.

I hope they don't remake it.

Bad idea, considering it would probably have a smaller budget than the original (at least when considering inflation) and it would probably have a weaker cast. Plus I have the feeling it would also be shorter than the six hours in length from the first television movie.

I strongly believe that with today's technology that the stand could be done more justice than the miniseries. I read the book and the miniseries is just awful. It is even worse than the debacle movie of Hubbardís battle field earth. It doesnít necessarily have to be a movie format either, however I donít know how good the actors would be if that was the case.

A remake would be awesome - however as pointed out previously the right budget and right cast is essential. Also we have to consider how much would be hacked off - personally, i think that a remake would be a great idea but my fave would be the original mini-series. Thats just my opinion though ...........

This would be a hard decision. The mini-series had some high points and some low points. Like in other Stephen King movies, I've noticed that they mixed two characters into one. It might be a cool idea to make a remake. Who knows, it might actually be made better. Nobody would know till they saw it. As for an actual decision,right now, I'm stuck in the 50-50 area. Just not sure.

I actually kind of liked the mini series. In terms of the writing, I don't think they could do it much better. If they did a completely faithful adaption, it would be like 20 hours long . I also thought that most of the casting was excellent. I don't really think there should be a remake unless it can be done as good or better than the old mini series, which means it would have to be a mini series again.

[QUOTE=ChronoSerge;391244]I If they did a completely faithful adaption, it would be like 20 hours long . I also thought that most of the casting was excellent.
    QUOTE]

Hi,

And this would be a bad thing how exactly?

And two little words, Molly and Ringwald.

Long days and pleasant nights

I hope they remake it someday. This version has too many flaws.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast