This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The stand remake?

Default Re: The stand remake?

I would LOVE a remake.

I didn't think the mini-series was awful, but I certainly don't think it holds up real well. The poor production values and rushed feel didn't do the book justice.

I thought some of the casting and acting were pretty bad as well. Molly Ringwald, really?! Ruby Dee reminded me of Tracy Morgan in drag the entire movie. Rob Lowe as Nick Andros? It just didn't work for me at all.

I think a remake of The Stand would be better done as a series, much like the treatment The Walking Dead is getting over on AMC. If someone like HBO could get behind it with a real budget, you could land some solid actors and make an amazing series.

I probably shouldn't admit this ehre of all places in the forum, but I am yet to read the epic that is The Stand.. therefore I haven't seen the TV seris either (It is on my list promie! )

But here is an idea, I'm believe that The Stand and The DT seris (which I also have not read yet... don't throw the tomatoes just yet please :P ) -- as with most of SK's books. And seeing as the DT seris is due for a mini seris AND movies in three years time (fingers crossed) -- here is my idea. Remake The Stand into a mini seris (again) and the characters that are in the DT story line that appear in The Stand should also be played by the actors who play them in the forthcoming DT seris and movie

Basically if that seems to confusing (it confused me) for all of you that know that Marvel are remaking all their movies e.g. The Incredible Hulk. So they can make the Avengers film, characters from different films at some point appear in different Mavel films e.g. Hulk is mentioned in Iron Man etc

or is that too much of an insaine idea?

Maybe do it that way, but.... make The Stand into 3 or 4 two and a half hour movies..... arrhhh so many ideas!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I think The Stand would make a great HBO 1 hour show like Carnivale. They could do the entire book in an 11 or 12 episode first season and then if it was real popular and HBO wanted to continue it, SK could pick up where the book ended and write a season 2.

Just read on EW site that studios are in talks about a silver screen version of The Stand! I believe this could be done very well if taken seriously. JMO I didn't enjoy the miniseries very much ( say sorry) and would be thrilled to see nadine a lttle more scary-crazy and a little less over the top nuts. Anyone else excited? P.s. no offense to the actress most of the acting was less than subtle. Forgive me but the stand was my favorite as a highschoool freshman and probably I would be upset w/any adaptation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistressoftheundead View Post
    Hello How is everyone? I hope you are having some pleasant holidays... Hello Ms Mod and all the Mods on here and everyone else... I Was Wondering If anyone Knew if they were going to Remake The Stand and when do u think it will be in Pre- Production... ?

Thanks
    Happy Holidays Everyone
    I am not sure but last night before I turned in I saw on IMDB that Warner and CBS want to turn The Stand into a theatric film. I squealed like a little girl when I saw this news. My only hope is that they will make it more than one film so they can get the wonderful story telling and characters in it.

Well here is a link to another article about the possibility of a re-make of The Stand. It's dated Jan 31, 2011.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=17912

I'm of the opinion that if they do make The Stand into a movie it needs to be a trilogy. The story is just to big for a two or even a three hour movie. Personally I think a ten or twelve part mini-series on HBO would be the way to go, but I don't have any clout with HBO or Hollywood.

If this re-make thing really happens I vote for Frank Darabont to direct it. Not sure about a writer yet. It is a good time for Apocalyptic movies. Like the thirty year stretch from the mid-1950's (WWIII) to the mid 1980's (Enviromental,Economic,WW III) many are feeling dark and gloomy about the future again (Enviromental, Economic, War, Disease, 2012).

But The Stand is an iconic work. It will be a challenge for Hollywood not to screw it up. Perhaps the British should give it a shot.

Hi,

I wonder if they'll feel the need to update The Stand, as stuff like cell phones and the internet etc would considerably change it, or whether they'll be content to do it as a period piece from the 20th century?

Long days and pleasant nights

Read the Stand many times & saw it on tv too. It was good. What technologies could improve it? And just because it could be done--should it be redone ??Why would one remake a successful series just because they CAN? Makes no sense to me. Make another one of something else! Theres so many worthy stories out there, that remaking a successful one is throwing money out the window or like shooting your own foot...no point, no benefit, and could be harmful or at least painful! ouch.

It will be interesting to see what changes occur in this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast