Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The stand remake? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The stand remake?

Default Re: The stand remake?

Quote Originally Posted by CCAL View Post
    Read the Stand many times & saw it on tv too. It was good. What technologies could improve it? And just because it could be done--should it be redone ??Why would one remake a successful series just because they CAN? Makes no sense to me. Make another one of something else! Theres so many worthy stories out there, that remaking a successful one is throwing money out the window or like shooting your own foot...no point, no benefit, and could be harmful or at least painful! ouch.
    Normally I would agree with you. But this time I have to confess to being one of the many fans who feel that The Stand could have been done better. The 94 mini-series isn't horrible. I disagree with those folks. In 94 it seemed pretty good to me actually. But in 2011 I have to agree that it's getting pretty creaky. A re-make could be interesting. Time will tell if it happens.

Wow big news weeks for 2 big Stephen King books. I personally did not like the old tv version, it wasn't horrible but it was horribly cheesy imo. I'm excited they are re-making this but i'd like to see it left a "period" piece, just my two cents...

I hope a remake doesn't happen. The casting of that was great and it was a great mini-series.

On another website a poster recommended Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) or Alfonso Cuaron (Children Of Men) as possible directors. Those are two interesting choices and I think they could do good work with the subject matter. And since we are on the subject of Latin film directors I also nominate Alejandro Amenabar (The Others).

These three directors are from other nations (Fresnadillo - Spain, Cuaron - Mexico, Amenabar - Chile). The Stand takes place entirely in the United States (well the remains of the U.S.) and the characters are all American citizens. A director from another country might bring an interesting perspective to an American story. These three have made their mark doing stories set in England and they were effective films. Perhaps one of them would like to try the U.S.?

Just an idea and I think an interesting one. Of course I would because this is my post.

Hmmm i would definitely like to see Alfonso Cuaron's take on it, Children of Men was excellent. As for the last series i liked Gary Sinise and a few of the other characters cast but overall i didn't agree with alot of the choices & thought it did look extremely cheezy. With the comics out now and newer technology i don't think they will drop the ball on this one. Just thought it was funny that one studio was like "We're making the epic Dark Tower"...and the other was like oh yeah "We're gonna redo the epic book The Stand" lol. Two of Kings more famous works being done (and redone) even though they are different i hope they don't come out around the same time.

it should be THREE films

Part I: The flu and all the devistation it caused
    Part II: THis film's job would be to establish are confliciting forces m other abigail and R.F. we know more obut them their ambations and diffrences as their respective forces gather
    culminating in the final showdown in Part III

Here are Steve's thoughts on the proposed remake.

I did ask him if he would be involved at all in the production and he told me that he will not.

Hi,

Thankee big-biig, Ms Mod.

A touch of the 'dead skin sculpture'!

So no Molly Ringwald then *sigh* LOL

Long days and pleasant nights

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Wow man, like all this Molly Ringwald negativity lately, has really kinda bummed me out...and I say she's got the acting chops to pull off one terribly twisted & quite queasy, Nadine Cross,
    Oh come on, it's gotta be freakin' ya out a little bit just now thinkin' about it...well ain't it?
    See, we're already half way there!

Well I suppose that settles that question. I hope they respect the hard work SK dedicated to it.Maybe he will like it better too. This is a good reason someone like ME isnt the boss! ha.I liked the book though dang it. (I liked the movie too-but I preferred the book).Will I watch it? o yeah. How else will I know!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast