This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The stand remake?

Default Re: The stand remake?

I actually watched The Stand before i read it which isnt something i usually do and i gotta say that it isnt so bad that way round.

You get to enjoy the parts in the book you knew nothing about afterwards and having the music with proper visualisations of destruction and death add to the enjoyment of the story, and the King himself starring is a great bonus like the uncut.

I think a remake would be a great idea to show the world once again that not only is it vulnerable and dangerous but that we secretly enjoy it that way. It would also draw in new fans of a generation that just doesnt know anything about the stand and the people that make it. Then those who also love to read will have a chance to delve deeper into what happened to the societys that were left in ruins....... all those years ago.

Thank you Warner Bros I have been waiting for this!! Ben Affleck is an amazing director. I've watched all his films and I am extremely excited about his role in this film.
    Please get a script going soon and please make it a trilogy!

Me too^^ Lol who do you think should play TrashCan Man?

I personally would love to see a remake of The Stand. I remember being so excited about The Stand mini-series when it originally aired and I loved it then. I got the dvd of it and watched it again not too long ago and I must say it just does not hold up well. Watching it now I feel that most of the parts are mis-cast and most of them do some quite terrible over acting. I agree with SK however that no one could top Gary Sinise as Stu Redman. I disagree however with his statement that Jake Gyllenhall would be an adequate replacement. The Stand was a very expensive tv production in it's day but looks a little cheap by today's standards. As a theatrical film it would have to be a multi-part film, lengthy parts at that, so perhaps they could have Peter Jackson direct it as he knows quite a bit about stretching novels into multi-part epics. A better bet might be to do it on HBO as a giant season long story. They've done a nice job with Game of Thrones and have spared no expense. So, yeah, I hope they remake it.

I have heard Andy Serkins' name suggested I have no idea, this character would have to be the trickiest to cast.

Let's recast The Stand here: http://www.fillthepart.com/Movies/thestand

I cant wait for this however im concerned over casting choices and whether it would be make into a 3 part movie - you cant cut much more out of it otherwise you start seeing big holes in the story !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456