Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who would you want to star as Dale Barbara in the movie? - Page 17

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you want to star as Dale Barbara in the movie?

Default Re: Who would you want to star as Dale Barbara in the movie?

I actually saw more of Tom Hanks, or a Tom Hanks type of guy in the role of Barbie when I read it.

I imagine Thomas Jane as Dale, he would be great and I loved him in The Mist. I also think that Lucas Bryant would be a good choice.
    Nicholas Campbell would be a great Big Jim.

Julianne Moore or Gillian Anderson as Julia.
    And as for Joe I imagine Shane Haboucha from the movie Desperation, whenever there is a child around 13 in a King's novel I imagine him, I don't know why.

I've read the books in french, and there's a suggestion that Dale is a black men...is it the same in the original english version?

A agree with those who prefer Matthew Fox. I'm not familiar with Lost, but it sounds like a good fit and he looks the part. Even Denzel would be too old.
    My personal preference would be Michael Biehn c. 1986 in Aliens. I think that would be perfect but he's obviously too old.
    Incidentally, the perfect person to play Editor Shumway would be Marcia Cross, Bree from Desperate Housewives. The characters are the same age, both Republicans, both fierce and attractive middle-aged women. I think it'd work.
    The more difficult part to cast would be Big Jim Rennie. That grin could make the movie. We'd need a big man with as violent as Sling Blade with the grin from Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight.

Thomas Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thank you for mentioning Matthew Fox, that is perfect. Bruce Willis is more the age of Cox, but perhaps not the right fit.

I'd hate to mention it, but if this TV show ir miniseries, (whichever it is they're going to do), is coming out in 2011....

Shouldn't we have seen something by now?

I've seen nothing, .

In other news....

If I was casting, I think I'd want Jensen Ackles (from Supernatural) for the part of Barbie. Something about him just seems to fit for me, nowadays. Strangely, off the top of my head, I can't think of any actor that really resembles the Barbie I saw in my head as I was reading, but I think JA would play the part very well.

I've just finished the audiobook version of UTD and was so impressed by the narrator Raul Esparza. Turns out the guy is an actor - have a look - now he looks like Dale Barbara to me.

I'd like to see unknowns in the main roles. Otherwise it just becomes an addition to the CV of a flavour of the month actor eg Jensen Ackles, or the usual high profile "stars" get discussed eg Bruce Willis etc.

This is sad I know but since starting this book I've thought of nothing other than who would play Big Jim....NOT John Goodman though...way too pantomime imho.

I wish J.T. Walsh was still alive, I think he would have made a perfect Big Jim Rennie.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost19 View Post
    I wish J.T. Walsh was still alive, I think he would have made a perfect Big Jim Rennie.
    That's exactly who I pictured Big Jim as, too. He was perfect as Buster in Needful Things. Kind of the same low down, dirty character you just love to hate!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast