Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who would you want to star as Dale Barbara in the movie? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you want to star as Dale Barbara in the movie?

Default Re: Who would you want to star as Dale Barbara in the movie?

Personally, I think Dale should be played by a fairly young guy. Matthew Fox and Clive Owen are both good suggestions (not mine). But what about Simon Baker? He's the guy from the television show "The Mentalist".

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Ron Jeremy as Rennie.

Jon Bon Jovi as Barbara.

For Jim Rennie`s character exists only one choice and one choice only - James Gandolfini.

As Dale, more options are open, Tim Daly from Storm of the Century comes to mind and also Jason Patrick ( Sleepers, Narc )

JMO.

In the book, wasn't Dale Barbara in his early thirties? To me, that would leave out a lot of the suggestions, no offense. Timothy Olyphant would be my first thought. Then Josh Duhamel.

Quote Originally Posted by jules17330 View Post
    In the book, wasn't Dale Barbara in his early thirties? To me, that would leave out a lot of the suggestions, no offense. Timothy Olyphant would be my first thought. Then Josh Duhamel.
    Yeah, he was.

And Red was a white guy in the story about Shashwank.

well we dont need a young actor to star as Dale Barbara. Then his backstory of his past and Iraq wouln't work well on the big screen.

Some older like Bruce Willis or Ed Harris or even Thomas Jane.

Thomas Jane did pull it off pretty good in The Mist movie.

Also for "Chef" the religious Radio DJ I'm thinking of Micheal Shannon from Bug
    Julia- Julianne Moore
    Scarecrow Joe and the other good teens: Shia The Beef, Dakota Fanning, anyone else for the young kid actors
    Peter Randolph- James Cromwell maybe?

Brenda and Duke Perkins: the actress that starred as Aunt May in the Spider-Man movies and for Duke it would maybe be Robert Duvall.

Quote Originally Posted by jules17330 View Post
    Josh Duhamel - yeah - he could work.

I agree that Dale seems to be much younger than some of the actors suggested (not that I dislike any of them!). I like all of the younger actors that have been suggested, too. I'm seeing a dirty-blond-haired guy for some reason. Maybe Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost)? Or Peter Horton? I'd like to see Justin Timberlake in the role (he's a bit young, maybe). He really is a very talented actor (though I'm ambivalent about his music).
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    well we dont need a young actor to star as Dale Barbara. Then his backstory of his past and Iraq wouln't work well on the big screen.

Some older like Bruce Willis or Ed Harris or even Thomas Jane.

Thomas Jane did pull it off pretty good in The Mist movie.

Also for "Chef" the religious Radio DJ I'm thinking of Micheal Shannon from Bug
    Julia- Julianne Moore
    Scarecrow Joe and the other good teens: Shia The Beef, Dakota Fanning, anyone else for the young kid actors
    Peter Randolph- James Cromwell maybe?

Brenda and Duke Perkins: the actress that starred as Aunt May in the Spider-Man movies and for Duke it would maybe be Robert Duvall.

I'm not understanding everyone's obsession with Dale Barbara as being an "older guy" because he was in the Iraq war. Good Lord people, that war is only a little over 8 years old. My own son was in the first Gulf War and he's only 40. Bruce Willis is 54 years old. Old enough to have fought in Viet Nam. Ed Harris is almost 60, also old enough to have fought in Viet Nam. I agree Thomas Jane would do very well. Shia LeBeouf is a little old for Scarecrow Joe. Now Robert Duvall as Duke Perkins is spot on.

By the way - Shia LeBeouf is only 3 years younger than Thomas Jane.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast