Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
So what happened? (possible spoilers, beware!) - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what happened? (possible spoilers, beware!)

Default Re: So what happened? (possible spoilers, beware!)

That's true ... the storyline was one of unbeliever turned believer. However, it seems everything he "denied", in his life, came back at him in a twisted manner. Guess there's more than one way to look at the story. So, just a thought.

I think the movie's ending demands we understand that he survived. And it's safe to assume that the room itself caused all of the guy's, er, symptoms. But I say please read sK's short story. I liked the movie 1408 a lot, but the short story is far superior, imho. I'd tell you why, but that would spoil it. I believe Constant Reading is better than Constant Watching.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I think the movie's ending demands we understand that he survived. And it's safe to assume that the room itself caused all of the guy's, er, symptoms. But I say please read sK's short story. I liked the movie 1408 a lot, but the short story is far superior, imho. I'd tell you why, but that would spoil it. I believe Constant Reading is better than Constant Watching.
    You are SO right

The room is evil .The number itself holds special memories for me. I won the audiobook and book through simon and schuster

i think he was hallucinating but the room was causing it...and i'm pretty sure he didnt die in the surf accident but he was just remembering it from before...hope this helps!

It's a pretty classic case of haunting. This room has had so much tragedy happen within in that it can't help but be haunted. if you believe in ghosts or not, this movie/story invites you to make your own conclusions. I've always been a big fan of doing your own thinking. Don't rely on others, make your own choice. Ghosts or no, the choice is yours.....are you ready?

I read the short story before I watched the film. I got bored of the film about a half hour. I think if you read the short story, the film would make a lot more sense. I know that if I hadn't read the short story the same questions would be running through my head. It's SK, so the room is more than likely evil and playing mind games with the reader, as well as characters in the story/film.

The movie was boring to me. It felt waaaaay too long. The short story on the other hand was great writing by Stephen King. With a story like 1408, it's better off short than some nonsensical rambling of a movie.

It is an evil room. If you have ever seen Rose Red they explain that some houses are just evil, that could be the same is true. It could also be a way to another dimensional door much like the house in DT3. This isn't even too far a guess considering that King tied so many books together with DT.

Quote Originally Posted by borderlands794 View Post
    It is an evil room. If you have ever seen Rose Red they explain that some houses are just evil, that could be the same is true. It could also be a way to another dimensional door much like the house in DT3. This isn't even too far a guess considering that King tied so many books together with DT.
    Must agree. |I think you got it in a nutshell. By the way, I liked the short story AND the film. The changes, although unneccessary, didn,t detract from the atmosphere IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast