Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ghost Brothers CD - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Brothers CD

Default Re: Ghost Brothers CD

So, based on the picture in the Rolling Stone article, and based on what we know about SK's height, T Bone Burnett must be like 7 feet tall? (or standing on a peach crate).

Weird angle throwing them all off because John Mellencamp is not anywhere near Steve's height. I met T Bone in Atlanta and he is very tall but not 7' tall. I'd say he and Steve are a lot closer to the same height than it looks.

Found one Google source that puts him at 6' 5" and John Mellencamp at 5' 7".

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Found one Google source that puts him at 6' 5" and John Mellencamp at 5' 7".
    I don't think Mellencamp is that tall . . .he seem's about my height. So glad to hear about CD!

:::happy dance::: Yay!!!

Question Re: Ghost Brothers CD

Thank you very much for this update, Ms. Mod!
    There still seems to be some confusion on the ninth track by Rosanne Cash, though: According to http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...etion-20121114 it's called "You Don't Know Me" but according to the press release at www.ghostbrothersofdarklandcounty.com/ its title is "What's Going On Here".
    Can you clear this up, please? Or do you happen to know more about this?
    Thank you very much in advance!

The CD was recorded at least 2, possibly longer, years ago and a lot changed with the music between then and now. I'm not sure if that's just a song title change or if a new song was recorded so will have to check into it. Working from home today so don't have the original song list/recording handy but will contact Concord Records to see if they have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHade View Post
    Thank you very much for this update, Ms. Mod!
    There still seems to be some confusion on the ninth track by Rosanne Cash, though: According to http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...etion-20121114 it's called "You Don't Know Me" but according to the press release at www.ghostbrothersofdarklandcounty.com/ its title is "What's Going On Here".
    Can you clear this up, please? Or do you happen to know more about this?
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Wikipedia says Mellencamp wrote the following songs for the GB, none of which are titled "You Don't Know Me". Not sure where Rolling Stone got that unless Mellencamp wrote a different song to replace "What's Going On?" or retitled it...

Wikipedia reference-linkGhost Brothers of Darkland County

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Weird angle throwing them all off because John Mellencamp is not anywhere near Steve's height. I met T Bone in Atlanta and he is very tall but not 7' tall. I'd say he and Steve are a lot closer to the same height than it looks.
    Steve may be in the habit of stooping a bit for Mellencamp's sake. As for the above photo, Mellencamp must be standing on a box.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Wikipedia says Mellencamp wrote the following songs for the GB, none of which are titled "You Don't Know Me". Not sure where Rolling Stone got that unless Mellencamp wrote a different song to replace "What's Going On?" or retitled it...

Wikipedia reference-linkGhost Brothers of Darkland County
    I'm pretty sure I remember hearing "You Don't Know Me" at some point in the process, but will be sure to check tomorrow. It may not have been on the CD but Steve may have shared it with me another time. Maybe this will be discussed in the mini-documentary or be part of the bonus material they're including in the DVD version.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast