Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hijack this thread! - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijack this thread!

Default Re: Hijack this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    It appears that we now have a Mobius/Moebius doohicky. Threadjacking an anti-threadjacking thread. Interesting.

Please keep me informed as to the progress. My email is satan@hell.dwn
    We are an accomadating contradictory group.

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Traditional Armenian folk music as well as Armenian church music is not based on the European tonal system but on a system of tetrachords. The last note of one tetrachord also serves as the first note of the next tetrachord - making the scale on which a lot of Armenian folk music is more or less based a theoretically endless scale.
    But on the other hand, as a philosophy, dialectical materialism holds that nature is the sole reality, that the material world exists independently of our perceptions, and that the properties of living and thinking organisms are novel qualities of highly complex material systems.

At least, I think so.

Fushingfeef - Just don't hang on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    But on the other hand, as a philosophy, dialectical materialism holds that nature is the sole reality, that the material world exists independently of our perceptions, and that the properties of living and thinking organisms are novel qualities of highly complex material systems.

At least, I think so.
    OR

Kant suggested that metaphysics can be reformed through epistemology.[2] He suggested that by understanding the sources and limits of human knowledge we can ask fruitful metaphysical questions. He asked if an object can be known to have certain properties prior to the experience of that object. He concluded that all objects about which the mind can think must conform to its manner of thought. Therefore if the mind can think only in terms of causality – which he concluded that it does – then we can know prior to experiencing them that all objects we experience must either be a cause or an effect. (Wikipedia)

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Penis.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    But on the other hand, as a philosophy, dialectical materialism holds that nature is the sole reality, that the material world exists independently of our perceptions, and that the properties of living and thinking organisms are novel qualities of highly complex material systems. At least, I think so.
    Quantum mechanics is essential to understand the behavior of systems at atomic length scales and smaller. For example, if classical mechanics governed the workings of an atom, electrons would rapidly travel towards and collide with the nucleus, making stable atoms impossible. However, in the natural world the electrons normally remain in an uncertain, non-deterministic "smeared" (wave–particle wave function) orbital path around or through the nucleus, defying classical electromagnetism.

That is all.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

"Hijacking a thread"? Am I supposed to put on Groucho Marx glasses, grab my Glock 3000B auto-whammy water pistol and storm into the local sewing shop? Once there, I herd the owner and her elderly cronies into the backroom-interuppting their gossip circle round the pot-bellied stove as they spit Metamucil into a nearby chamber pot...take up my position near the spools and read my list of demands? Wonder what those would be? "Pull my finger, NOW!", "You want fries with that DON'T YOU?", "Please pull around-NOW DAMMIT!" and "I want 20 fives in 3 minutes or the thimbles get it!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    Sometimes I get tired of making sweetmagichoneydripping love to beautiful women (who are almost always natural females) and eviscerating aardvarks. I dig it.

I dig it because I own a shovel. It's a good one. Just got it. A real pine shaft, nicely lacquered with a good heft and grip. Some Chinese woman put a lot of care into this handle. I want to make her proud. When she retires to her rice and fish, I hope that she dreams what this shovel will do. The spade is sharp and thick, and that dang thing is attached by THREE bolts. You don't easily find that. Three. And they were all tight right off the rack. I had a coupon.

Dare you let me dig you? Dare not, lest ye be dug.
    "Baby have you dug your man?"
    "He's got a righteous shovel!"

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Quantum mechanics is essential to understand the behavior of systems at atomic length scales and smaller. For example, if classical mechanics governed the workings of an atom, electrons would rapidly travel towards and collide with the nucleus, making stable atoms impossible. However, in the natural world the electrons normally remain in an uncertain, non-deterministic "smeared" (wave–particle wave function) orbital path around or through the nucleus, defying classical electromagnetism.
    Yeah well, all that sounds all fine & good, but what you really have to ask yourself is, can it make toast?

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast