Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hijack this thread! - Page 51

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijack this thread!

Default Re: Hijack this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    The kids are doing a fundraiser for school, and I was filling out the order form this morning, and I see this disclaimer:

*Sugar Free Products
    are not a reduced calorie food.
    Excess consumption may have
    a laxative effect.

Eeeeewwww! I love that, "sugar free products are not a reduced calorie food." Well, I'm just gonna go back to real sugar then!

Anyone else get annoyed when someone onstage says "I can't hear you!" to get the crowd to yell louder? Just once I'd like to hear the crowd say in unison, "Maybe you should get your ears checked!"

The kids are doing a fundraiser for school, and I was filling out the order form this morning, and I see this disclaimer:

*Sugar Free Products
    are not a reduced calorie food.
    Excess consumption may have
    a laxative effect.

Tina, Let me guess the sweetener is xylitol right? I bought some xylitol from the health food store that came with a warning " If you consume more than x amount, it may cause gastrointestinal upset". I backed off putting it in my kids food. Xylitol is also found in gum, mouthwash etc. and is highly poisonous to pets. ( If it's poisonous to pets....how good is it for us?)

I don't know what the sweetener is, I couldn't see it listed anywhere. It just has a star next to the Sugar Free selections, and then Please see order form for more information, and then the disclaimer, no sweetener is named.

I am not a good school mom when it comes to these fundraisers. Everything is ridiculously overpriced and they do about 5 a year...school tshirts and sweatshirts, wreaths at Christmas time, flowers, May baskets, chocolates, it just never ends!

I bought one small thing for each of the kids and a cake decorating cookbook. That I can at least use!

I don't know what the sweetener is, I couldn't see it listed anywhere. It just has a star next to the Sugar Free selections, and then Please see order form for more information, and then the disclaimer, no sweetener is named.

I am not a good school mom when it comes to these fundraisers. Everything is ridiculously overpriced and they do about 5 a year...school tshirts and sweatshirts, wreaths at Christmas time, flowers, May baskets, chocolates, it just never ends!

I bought one small thing for each of the kids and a cake decorating cookbook. That I can at least use!
    Tina, We are bombarded with fund raisers here too.....I tell my kids "I can't buy everything" because, the items seem to increase with price every new one they have.

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast