Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hijack this thread! - Page 68

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 815

Thread: Hijack this thread!

  1. #671
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yet to be discovered
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    I thought of something else that should be considered. The road signs that warn of potential hazardous falling rock (for those of us who don't live in flat areas) should be moved to areas where there's less traffic. I don't know why they would ever let the rock just fall into the path of speeding vehicles in the first place. Who's even in charge of this stuff?

  2. #672
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!



  3. #673
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    I thought of something else that should be considered. The road signs that warn of potential hazardous falling rock (for those of us who don't live in flat areas) should be moved to areas where there's less traffic. I don't know why they would ever let the rock just fall into the path of speeding vehicles in the first place. Who's even in charge of this stuff?
    Duh-uh, 'The Vermont Department of Fallin' Rocks & Stuff" ???...sheeesh, sometimes ya just gotta take 'em by the hand doncha?

  4. #674
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    I thought of something else that should be considered. The road signs that warn of potential hazardous falling rock (for those of us who don't live in flat areas) should be moved to areas where there's less traffic. I don't know why they would ever let the rock just fall into the path of speeding vehicles in the first place. Who's even in charge of this stuff?
    Yeah, and why not move them to just above places where there aren't enough rocks already? Or above places where they need to build a dam or a medieval castle or a pyramid? Such waste!

  5. #675
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Anytown, USA
    Posts
    1,929

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    It's been a while since I've had me a parsnip.

  6. #676
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yet to be discovered
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Yeah, and why not move them to just above places where there aren't enough rocks already? Or above places where they need to build a dam or a medieval castle or a pyramid? Such waste!
    Yeah, that would be so much simpler.

  7. #677
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    If a person's father was ugly, if that person forget the face of his father, wouldn't that be a good thing?

  8. #678
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    If a person's father was ugly, if that person forget the face of his father, wouldn't that be a good thing?
    I guess that depends, do you mean ugly in a physical sense or ugly from within and through their actions?

    Regarding ugliness from within I'd have to say maybe it's a good thing, dependant on how bad the actions were of the "father". That kind of ugliness is often best to forget! Although some people may prefer to remember as a constant reminder of how not to act.

    If it's a physical ugliness then I'd have to say no, especially since beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. A little off subject, but my elderly parents have no photographs of either of their parents. It must be very difficult to accurately remember a person's face when you haven't seen it for many years. Ugly or gorgeous I bet my parents would love to remember clearly what their parents looked like.

  9. #679
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    I have officially reached the age where skinny jeans and faux fur coats do nothing for my figure.
    T'is a sad sad day.

  10. #680
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Hijack this thread!

    (((((Ally)))))

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •