This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT TRUE!

Default Re: "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT T

Does it make me a "super freak" if I read one (or more) of his books more than once?? (I'm okay with that)

Default Re: "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT T

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie61 View Post
    Does it make me a "super freak" if I read one (or more) of his books more than once?? (I'm okay with that)
    "... that Carrie won't take home to mother..."

Stephen King doesn't write horror. He writes about the ordinary relationships that people have with each other in the midst of extraordinary events...

That said I run into things like this all the time...

Heck, Ol King is some of the tamer stuff I read, Heh heh...

Hello. I'm new here. Since this is the oldest thread I could find pertaining to introductions, I decided to start here. Nice to meet you, hope you feel the same. As for the "freak" thread? No, I don't think Stephen King is anything near that ballpark. He is a great writer, however, and I've come here to visit this place and find out more about him. Also, I'm no good at using these parenthetical writing tools on these sites, so if this comes out screwed up, you can certainly blame me. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday guys

General introductions go in the Newbies Start Here Forum.

Ha ha I love this thread!

My commute to and from work each day is about 3 hours, so I read on the train to keep myself occupied. I'm always amazed at the random people who comment on me reading a Stephen King book - I never hear anyone commenting on other people's non-SK books! One guy said what was a young girl like me doing reading Stephen King (I'm 31!), and another was intent on telling me how bloodthirsty SK was!

I tell you what, there are plenty of nutters about, and I seem to meet them all on the train or at the train station

Well, if being a fan of SK stories makes you a freak, then I'm a freak and I don't mind admitting to it!!!

when i was younger and a nanny in england my bosses friends were actually worried about their kids being near me as i read SK and watched horror movies and god forbid ...i went to rock concerts!!!
    so obviously after sacrificing the youngest to beezlebub and dancin naked in the moonlight out in the back yard whilst listening to music played backwards they were convinced there was nothing wrong with me lol
    (kidding on the last bit - only danced like that when drunk but whole different post!!)

Quote Originally Posted by steve-w View Post
    Well, if being a fan of SK stories makes you a freak, then I'm a freak and I don't mind admitting to it!!!
    Hi,

Me too.

Yay!

Long days and pleasant nights

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast