Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Searching for Kindle version

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Searching for Kindle version

Unhappy Searching for Kindle version

Does anyone, anywhere, know of an ebook version of this book for the Amazon Kindle *other* than the one offered that says not available for download in the United States? I have searched the web, tried google, and cannot find a Kindle version of this book other than that one denied the US. Sigh.

Default Re: Searching for Kindle version

I just searched the ebook libraries I know of and couldn't find it either. Ms. Mod - do you know why this is?

Pet Sematary was next on my read list and stumbled across this fact when I was looking for it on my Kindle.

Funny thing is, it's available in the UK version of Kindle but not the US.

Any animals I can sacrifice to make them port the UK version to the the US side?

I had a Kindle related question - obviously this title is not currently available because the publisher has not given the rights for the book to be distributed this way. However, the news from Amazon is that sometime this year, Kindle users will be able to check out material from participating local libraries. So - would it be theoretically possible that a title which may be unavailable for purchase would get authorization to be checked out electronically from a library?

In theory, anything's possible. Seriously, though, I honestly don't know the reason for why it hasn't been made available for the Kindle app so that may have something to do with whether it will be available through libraries as well.

I just checked the Barnes'N'Nobels NookShop, and they don't have it! Oh, well. At least I have a hardcover copy!

I should be available for international Amazon Kindle readers, I bought it for mine a few months ago. A lot of SK's books are available for the international market.

I am very stuck for book space so Kindle versions are very important to me. I did have a copy of Pet Semetary in hardback that someone gave me about 27 years ago (and I've just 'found' King so it's waited that long for me) but in general I can't really get physical books unless I toss some. And getting rid of books is like getting rid of toes... I can't bring myself to do it So I will probably be limited for a while as to what I can read - being in the down-under world of Aus...

It's been some years now since this has been brought up on the forums, but is there any update as to when the Kindle version will be available for US sales? I am utterly confused, as I'm sure others are as well, why this isn't available to US customers. The Author is American, the book was written and released in America, and the Publisher is an American company. As a convert to Kindle and reading all King books in Novel release order, I would appreciate it to be sold to me. I am trying to give you money,King, help a fan out!

Living in the UK I have the kindle version and am currently rereading it. I'm up to where Louis has

packed his wife and daughter off so he can dig up Gage.
    It still freaks me out after all these years.

I would like to know why Eyes of the Dragon isn't available in the UK on Kindle, though, as I would love to have it. I've got the illustrated hardback, but find reading a Kindle easier on the hands.
    Last edited by Moderator; June 25th, 2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag