Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Best SK audio book and version - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best SK audio book and version

A Southern State in the US (it's above Florida, yet still swampy in places)

Default Re: Best SK audio book and version

In the audio book of BLOOD & SMOKE, in the story "1408", Stephen does one helluva job putting the fear of God into the listener. When he does the voice on the other end of the phone "This is . . " Don't want to spoil, but it kinda DID feel other-worldly to me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fromTull View Post
    In the audio book of BLOOD & SMOKE, in the story "1408", Stephen does one helluva job putting the fear of God into the listener. When he does the voice on the other end of the phone "This is . . " Don't want to spoil, but it kinda DID feel other-worldly to me . . .
    I listened to Blood and Smoke over the past few weeks. I really liked it. I've read the stories, but the authors narration is nice to have too.

IT! Love the audio version read by Steven Weber. If you haven't listened to the audio-you should. So good. Great book anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jowill59 View Post
    IT! Love the audio version read by Steven Weber. If you haven't listened to the audio-you should. So good. Great book anyway
    I'm listening to this book right now. I'm already close to the end of the story. I like the novel itself and I like Steven Weber reading it. It's really worth listening to.

I can't believe all of the love for the new version of IT. I listen with headphones on for the most part and, HE KEEPS SCREAMING INTO MY EARS! So annoying. The old version is fantastic though.

Totally agree with the Frank Muller love. Talisman and DT 1-4 are fantastic and if you haven't heard Black House then get it today. All of Henry's radio personas, Burn Burn's guttural stuff/dark speech, Speedy, Jack, it's really his best work. And that's saying something, he was an amazing artist.

I really liked Rose Madder too. The lady sings that little verse, I'm really Rosey and I'm Rosey Real, and it sounds just perfect. Then King comes in for the Norman parts too. They did a really good job with it.

Lisey's Story was really well done too. Whenever the, I forget his name, Tennessee college guy comes on and says Tony, love it. Same with, You numba one crazy baby!
    Not his two most well received books but I dig them both and their readings are both fantastic.

I'm going back through the DT books. Up to 4 Wizard and Glass and it's not that I forgot how good it is listening to them, but it constantly keeps surprising me how enchanting they are. And second time around you pickup on sooo much more... no spoilers here!!

So even you have done it, do it again! (that's actually one of my life mantras)

Listening to The Dead Zone read by Lorelei King for the first time. Fairly average read, nothing special. A big negative that takes me completely out of the story every time is her portrayal of Dr. Weizak. He's a Polish guy but she sounds like a cross between Dracula and Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle. Instead of being able to enjoy the story I end up laughing and making fun of her reading. lol

On Writing I've listened to this so many times. Love it.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    On Writing I've listened to this so many times. Love it.
    I would love to hear this, Deej - I bet it is brilliant.

I've only listened to 5-6 audio books, but my favorite so far is SK reading The Gunslinger. It was on cassette (remember those?) and I listened in my car going to and from work. I like that Steve was the one interpreting the voices of his own characters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast