This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. King is Riding on his name.

Default Re: Mr. King is Riding on his name.

$7.00 for a new story is a very reasonable price to pay actually...especially in Hard Cover. Heck, I don't think you can buy a new Paperback for less than $10 now, unless it's on "offer" somewhere. I paid $25 for my copy, as many others here did, and it may not have been the best story King has ever written, but he also didn't force me to buy it.

This is a topic? Really? ridiculous. I get it, free speech and all, so my two cents is that your two cents are worthless.

I have been a King fan for over 30yrs, there a several books I have stayed away from because the subject doesnt interest me. Not every book can appeal to every fan. Bones is by far my favorite, but Duma Key is not far behind along with 11/22/63. This shows that he still writes very amazing stories

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Reader View Post
    This is a topic? Really? ridiculous. I get it, free speech and all, so my two cents is that your two cents are worthless.
    Agreed, Miz Connie. They aint worth a dime.

Hi!

This thread should just die it's ugly, mean and untrue death.

Stephen King 'riding' on his name? Let's discuss that.

Stephen King funding an organization that gives a gazillion dollars to worthy charities. Stephen King that helps people who cannot afford to pay their utility bills. Stephen King who goes out his way to 'meet and greet' fans who are truly, honestly, respectfully and grateful to get a glimpse of him and meet the author who touched them and their lives in a positive way when they felt alone or 'different'. Stephen King who writes and takes us away from all our stress, hardship(s) and offers us a respite from life.

Let's talk about THAT Stephen King.

Peace.

Well if thats what hes doing. I would like to ride on his name too. Can I come along for the ride.LOL

Well hey, you know what this thread makes me wanna do? Go read this book ASAP so I can see what all the fuss is about. AND if I pay for it and then decide I don't like it, I'll pass it on to one of my buddies cuz maybe they will.

People are silly

Belmont, New South Wales, Australia, Australia

I don't agree with you! I have read Under The Dome and it was one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read he hooked me in from page one and I could not put it down. as for the Short storys I love them he never lets me down I only ever read one I did not like and it is one of his best sellers so I think that was me not him he is brilliant and deserves any money he gets!

I loved Blockade Billy, thought it was a great story...

I got my copy at Big Lots for $2.50. Hard to complain at that price.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast