This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boogeyman: Dollar Baby Feature length film

Default The Boogeyman: Dollar Baby Feature length film

Hi All 'constant readers',

Earlier this year I got the all clear for my latest expedition, The Boogeyman Dollar Baby.
    I'm writing the script myself, as out of the crew I'm a genuine 'constant reader'. The script should be done by early December 2010, and filming early next year (May time)

So if you have any ideas at all please let me know in the thread or PM me, or you can contact me via facebook ... SebShaw (my picture is of 'Batman' looking at the 'Bat signal' or skype seb.shaw.

Things like:
    WHO YOU think The Boogeyman is,
    What you would like to see
    etc
    as after all, it is for YOU, the fans and for the general audience

cheers,

Seb

Default Re: The Boogeyman: Dollar Baby Feature length film

Cool, keep me updated

Just a little update for anyone and everyone who is interested in this upcoming film. The updates are as follows:

Length: The team behind this particular film has decided that in the long run, that we will not be making it a feature length. We feel we would be able to give the story it's deserved pace and momentum if we went with a time frame of 40 - 45 mins.

Actors: We are delighted to inform you that we now have a fantastic cast lined up, ready and willing to put on a fantastic performance in this great short story adaptation.

Shooting: We can officially confirm that shooting will commence between the month of FEBRUARY + MARCH 2011

That's all for now,

Cheers,

Seb

Interesting. Have no ideas,but would love to keep up on this.

Hi Seb,
    You've told me that you making an 40-45 minutes Dollar Baby. How are you plan to do that

Any other longer (not feature) Dollar Babies are The Woman in the Room (1983) by Frank Darabont, The Boogeyman (1982) by Jeff Schiro, Night Surf (2002) by Peter Sullivan and I Know What You Need (2005) by Shawn S. Lealos. They all around the 30 minutes...

Hi, all

Thanks for the continued interest in this short film adaptation. It really helps with the motivation

@ SKSM: Thanks for the info on the other ambitious Dollar Babies. As for your question, its all in the style that we are going to film it, and I honestly cannot recall a Dollar Baby film taking this approach before, all I'm going to say is when I was watching 'Nightmares and Dreamscapes' on DVD earlier this year, one film really stood out to me in the style of how it was shot. I took that idea and collaborated it with another and that became the style of the film, which allows us to be a bit longer than normal, i.e 40 -45 mins.

hope that helps and thanks again everyone,

Seb

Breaking news,

As of 28/10/10 (or 10/28/10 for our cousins across the pond) I can officially announce that within the next two weeks we will be having a cast photo shoot, and I will put the photos on here EXCLUSIVELY for you fantastic SKMB users!

In other news the script is just days away from its completed first draft and two weeks after that the final script will be complete! If the demand is high enough I will put a couple of snippets on here too, so that's TWO EXCLUSIVES in one post!

Thanks again for your continued support!

Seb

Very cool.

I first read that story as about a 12 year old and it scared the s**t out of me. I couldnt sleep with a closest door open for at least a week or two.

Hopefully you all do it justice

Hi all,

We had the cast photo shoot last night. It went fantastically well! They all had their photos taken individually and they just 'posed' as themselves for now as it was a 'raw' photoshoot. I shall put them up very shortly so you can all have a look at the cast. By mid January (but hopefully sooner) I will have a full cast photoshoot in character.

Thanks again,

Seb

Hi all,

I have some breaking news for you

As of 12am this morning (yeah kinda spooky eii) I have finished the 1st draft of the script. I am really happy with the script and because I am a fan of 'The great one' like everyone else on the forum, I have kept it very true to the short story. There are some minor changes, but that will be revealed in due course. My motto is if you are adapting something form book/short story whatever, and you want too make it into a film/TV show/radio drama etc. The number one rule I go by is STICK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL, because thats what people know, yeah sure you can change some bits of it to embelish the story or help the flow of the plot for people who have not read the material, but like I say stick to how it was written where ever possible.

The process I went through while whilst scripting The Boogeyman for film was to always watch a King movie (the better ones )before and after scriptwriting and also have the book next to me for constant references back to the book, to make sure it has that 'KING' feels to it that you all deserve

One other thing... When I finished the script last night/this morning, I made sure my closet was shut and the light was on, you know..... just in case............

The cast photo shoot will be up soon also.

Thanks again for everyones fantastic support, it has helped so much!

Seb

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast