This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boogeyman: Dollar Baby Feature length film

Default Re: The Boogeyman: Dollar Baby Feature length film

Hi,

Thankee for the explanation, Ms Mod - much appreciated.

With the world becoming McLuhans 'global village' in our shiny third millenium, owners of copyright, particularly localised (i.e US or UK etc), by which I mean publishers and record companies and not writers or musicians, are making a terrible c*** of themselves in my opinion.

But it makes the lawyers richer*.

Long days and pleasant nights

* I wonder why the Eagles always get a particularly loud cheer when they hit the line 'Let's kill all the lawyers, kill them tonight' in concert?

One of my favorite lines from Back to the Future II was "the justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers." Not sure if that was because I worked for lawyers for quite a few years before coming to this job.

I just found out what a dollar baby is. Sai is the coolest guy on the planet, who else premotes using your imagination more than him. I thought the Dick and Jane exercise in on writing was cool, because it inspired in ways none could imagine, but this Dollar Baby thing. Cool. I know nothing about making films, but for someone who does, how exciting for them. Good job Mr Sai. and good luck Seb. Make it good. Remember, people are the most interesting things to watch. Its what humans do that makes us interesting to watch on film! huh?

Thanks for the explanations Ms. Mod and the interest in Dollar Babies in general

I was planning on doing a couple of film festivals so a lot of people get a chance to see it, but unfortunatly those who cnnot get to them will be left out wich is a shame, but I respect whole-heartedly the reasons why King and his team put the certain criteria together

Quote Originally Posted by Seb "Misery knight" Shaw View Post
    Thanks for the explanations Ms. Mod and the interest in Dollar Babies in general

I was planning on doing a couple of film festivals so a lot of people get a chance to see it, but unfortunatly those who cnnot get to them will be left out wich is a shame, but I respect whole-heartedly the reasons why King and his team put the certain criteria together
    Hi,

Aye indeed, Seb, be sure to PM me with any UK showings please?

Long days and pleasant nights

Oh definitly John, I was hoping to do the Edinbourough film festival as it's just fantastic

DwayneHoover, Thanks yeah you are right humans and their movements, especially in this film is crucial.

Regarding the earlier post who imformed me about the length of the EE Dollar Baby, that is a good length but I learnt a while ago when comtenplating the length of DB that festivals have diffent sections, one for short films I.E. 5 -45 mins and then there is the other section where films are 'feature length' and BIGGER BUDGET competition, which would be great to stand up against, but slightly unfair because they tend to (but not always) have big budgets

Also back to Ms. Mod and the BTTF quote... quite simply... a classic! :P

I said earlier that the photos would be MONDAY, well, .... I thought I'd treat ya to em now ! but don't forget... they ARE NOT in costume, make up, set, etc it's what I call a RAW photoshoot, I'm doing it to give you a taste of some of the characters in the film.

The Lady on her own is Sally Clarkson, who will play Rita Billings
    The Man on his own is Alan Tallis, who will play Dr. Harper
    The man and the lady is alan again with Becca Tallentire who will play Nurse Vickers

More photos soon

I look forward to your coments and opinions, good or bad

Hope you enjoy!

Seb

Hi all,

As promised here is a little snippet of the script. Some things are still subject to change though:

The man opens the door into the waiting area where he is greeted by Nurse Vickers. The man looks disheveled and worn out. He looks almost 10 years more than his birth certificate. On the notice board is a small poster of a man running for the house f representatives. It is framed on a medium close up with a flag behind him. The man in the poster is wearing a yellow construction hat, which is tilted to one side. The caption reads 'Elect Greg Stillson'

NURSE VICKERS

"Hello Sir, Can I help you?"

LESTER BILLINGS

"Yes, urm, I have a one O' clock appointment with Mr. ur urm Mr. Harper"

NURSE VICKERS

"Ah yes, You must be Mr. Billings. Take a seat over there and he will be with you in a few moments."

LESTER BILLINGS

"Thanks"

Lester shuffles his way to the seat. he looks anxious he eyes are searching for something that is not there

NURSE VICKERS

"Are you alright there Sir? Would you like a glass of water?"

LESTER BILLINGS

"Please, that would be great."

Nurse Vickers goes and gets Lester a glass of Water from the kitchen. She comes back moments later and hands it to Lester.

LESTER BILLINGS

"Thank - You, that's just what I needed"

NURSE VICKERS

"Well If there is anything else I can help you with, you just let me know and I will be glad to help!"

LESTER BILLINGS

"Thanks again, Miss erm, sorry I didn't catch your name."

He says almost shyly

NURSE VICKERS

"It's Nurse Vickers.

Dr. Harper opened the door to the waiting area and pops his head in the small opening

Dr Harper

"MR. Billings Please"

LESTER BILLINGS

"Well That's me. Thanks again for the water."

NURSE VICKERS

"No Problem"

Lester Follows Dr. Harper into his office

DR HARPER

"Please. Take a seat"

He offers a wide smile

DR HARPER

"So, MR. Billings, tell me. Why are you here today?"

Cool Re: The Boogeyman: Dollar Baby Feature length film

Hello,

My name is Jamie I am the producer for this film, Seeing as I am new here let me explain a bit about my self.

Im 20 years old studying a HND Media with Seb, I live in the midlands in a small thatched cottage (very much like were we will be filming the boogy man! (whoops did i give something away there! ) I have always been interested in Film and television and am very much enjoying the planning and sorting of this production.

So how are we doing with the film?

As Seb has said we are working on finalising the script at the moment and our Director Jon has started storyboarding the first few scenes (I will see if I can get a few pics possibly a video for you guys)

What else is going on?

Well beside working as a producer I am also the composer for the film, I have a few ideas for the music I want but any suggestions or ideas I would love to hear them and get peoples opinions. Also if you can write music and would be interested in helping out let me know! One of the ideas I have is similar to the video below. I think it fits the style of the film well and will build tension. Let me know what you think!

Well I hope you now feel a bit more informed about were we are at and I hope to hear from some of you with idea's!

Cheers
    Jamie

Hi All,

It seems to be that this thread is fast collecting exclusive info!

There is no more news on the script front of things as of yet other than to say that everything is running smoothly and ahead of scheduale (*touches wood*)

Jamie has brought to my attention something I have not yet done, which is to officially introduce myself.

As you all know by now I'm Seb, I am also 20 like Jamie. My roles in this production are; Executive Producer, Scriptwriter and researcher. However I am also dealing with the costumes, set and props.

As I stated before we have remained true to the source, but with a great twist on it. We will be giving out more details very soon so keep a look out becasue some hints may be subtle, other will not. (E.G. one of the locations)

As always please post your interest here. Alternativly you can email me anytime @ sebshaw06v2@hotmail.com or add me on Facebook (same as email)

Thanks,

Seb

Thank you for sharing ... this is fascinating stuff ....!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast