Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Koontz my Butt. - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Koontz my Butt.

Default Re: Koontz my Butt.

I came here thinking I was going to learn something new and kinky.
    Nothing kinky about what I do with the pages of a DK book....unless you have a really digusting fetish?

Dean Koontz is a writer among his own talents. While King is the master of description, setting and character- which puts you directly into the story- Dean Koontz does a fascinating job of using a poetic touch in his writings.
    I enjoyed the book Life Expectancy though.
    Just a thought.

I really liked Life Expectancy. The Tock family made me laugh out loud so many times, and this is something I rarely do when reading. I've said before, and I'll say it again ad naseum, SK and DK do not write in the same genre. Personally, I don't think they can be compared.

I agree with rssmith. I think they are two different writers. I've read over have of what Koontz has written. Like Glewman I like the Frankenstein and Odd Thomas books. These are original stories. For those of you who have read the Odd Thomas books I love Elvis......My favorite Koontz book though is Intensity. I think Edgler Vess is one of the all time great villains.

I went from DK to Sk because it was next in line on the local library shelves. I follow my mother's example of giving a new author a 'chance' with an unknown book. Many of DK's books are excellent. He is a proven bonafide writer. If not he wouldnt be where he is, and others woulndt be constantly comparing him. Got to give the devil his due folks. DK is NOT a STEPHEN KING however. Aint gonna happen....and I believe DK is not trying to be another SK. He has his own to fill. No one CAN be another SK.As to location,DK is almosst exclusively california limited-by choice. You know where SK thrives (as well as that spot under our beds at night in the dark). I too have tried J.Saul, but I always can rely on SK to keep the pages turning while I gnaw my knuckles...and keep an eye on that shadow outside the window...

I personally enjoy DK, and get pretty fed up when he is constantly compared with SK, they are two different types of story teller. If you don't like DK don't read him anymore no need to constantly bash him the way you do. He has done pretty well for himself being a so called mediocre writer. His taking on the Frankenstein story was brilliant and I throughly enjoyed them all.

Like another person wrote inbetween SK I read also read DK and John Saul.

I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed sobbing through "A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog"; Koontz's book on his beloved Trixie. Other than that, haven't bothered with his stuff in many moons.

I was watching Robot Chicken on Adult Swim last night and Stephen Was on there. it was about Dean Koontz Moved in next door and stephen killed him (stephen was driving a car that looked like christen) and the cops are like "You car killed another person Mr. King." when it was Stephen that killed him..Hahaha...i hate Dean Koontz

I love Dean Koontz I go between him, Stephen King and John Saul. I agree though that Koontz is very different than King

Good timing on my part. DK's "Night Chills" is in at the library for me to pick up. Has anyone read it? Without giving any spoilers, is it a good read? I know it is one of his earlier novels.

Peace,

Sean

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast