Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Koontz my Butt. - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Koontz my Butt.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Default Re: Koontz my Butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I agree King is King Koontz is an inposter!
    I need to clip my toenails with a mummified orangutan.

I read him but I do not like the fact that when his characters perform an action...it takes him bout two pages to explain their motivation...and the characters are cookie cutouts. I have to say,I did love Life Expectancy really alot and The Taking.

I am a SK fan through and through, and have been for many, many moons. However, there are many other authors that I enjoy reading. Dean Koontz is one of these. I agree with those who say that SK and DK have radically different styles. I will even agree with those who say that some of his work is predictable. But he has a large body of work, and it is filled with the great, the good, and the not so good. Odd Thomas and Life Expectancy are both great. DK can and does write books that are exciting, humorous, and often touching.
    If you have not read his work, give it a shot. If you have given it a fair reading, without prejudice, and still did not enjoy it, then he's not for you.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    I need to clip my toenails with a mummified orangutan.
    It only takes that first clip and there's just no lookin' back is there.
    Much good luck if you decide to seek out a program my friend, I mean for fresh macaca, or even an occasionally incontinent spider monkey sure, but a desiccating orangutan, hmm, I don't know.
    I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin' it's too weird and not deserving of much needed help, it just sounds incredibly messy on so many levels and seems fraught with potential liability issues.
    No fear, I'm confident some understanding & kind soul is doing the good work regardless of consequence...but just remember if you find them, so you don't waste those selfless angels time, you have to want it!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    I am a SK fan through and through, and have been for many, many moons. However, there are many other authors that I enjoy reading. Dean Koontz is one of these. I agree with those who say that SK and DK have radically different styles. I will even agree with those who say that some of his work is predictable. But he has a large body of work, and it is filled with the great, the good, and the not so good. Odd Thomas and Life Expectancy are both great. DK can and does write books that are exciting, humorous, and often touching.
    If you have not read his work, give it a shot. If you have given it a fair reading, without prejudice, and still did not enjoy it, then he's not for you.
    I'm with you, Operator (as you know). I wonder that Koontz' ghost tends to reappear here as often as it does. I will say that I read Lightning years before I read an sK book, and that it's at least possible that that reading opened a door for me I'd otherwise have remained unaware of. Consequently, I think I do think of Sai King and Koontz with a similar affection. I'm glad that I do, because life is short.

O.K. I used to read Koontz- but , Well there are a plethora of descriptions of Cul de Sacs, and flowery- pun intended descriptions-of vines and trellises. I did finish many earlier in the 80's and 90's . I enjoyed, Lightning, Midnight, Phantoms, Shadowfires, The Bad Place showed me how abused he must have been,
    Strangers, as mentioned above. I got tired of the paisley flourishes in his writing. However "Surprise"- I am immersed in The Frankenstein series. It is well honed, less flowery, and consists of fast enjoyable installment reads. It just goes to show one, you never know- never say never- "it comes back to bite you in the.....

I retract my earlier criticism of DK...I just read The Taking and thought it was very well done...the end seemed to be a little too pat, but the biblical idea behind the story was very good

I am a new comer to Koontz, I'll admit I was rather hesitant about reading his book but so far, so good. But it's like Stephen light or diet coca cola, it's got all the appearance of good horror novel without the horror. I've read the Frankenstein series, Odd Thomas series, Funhouse and The Vision, I will read more cause they are easy to read and digest.

I really hate it (and I know I've posted this before) when people come on to the site of one author and start to trash other authors. If you don't like Koontz then don't read him. Leave your nasty opinions at the door.

I'm gonna start to read a Koontz book soon. That book is my first Koontz book. I've never read any of his books before.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast