Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Favourite Character? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Character?

A Southern State in the US (it's above Florida, yet still swampy in places)

Default Re: Favourite Character?

Audrey. Wasn't she the one who battled addiction in the midst of that chaos?? I hope I don't have the name wrong, it has been months. She was written with a lot of heart. No one wants to go through something like addiction, but at least something good came out of it in that character. I have helped family members in similar situations (- the psychotic killer and dome of course) and those parts border on nonfiction. She was almost like 2 characters. The self absorbed junkie too numb to notice the world., and then . . .a helluva phoenix story. SK gets it. He KNOWS. Call it the research no one wants to do. Honest and sadly accurate. If you can't find your bootstraps after that , , ,

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Julia Shumway the newspaper owner ( of course her German Shepherd LOL), Horace the Corgie and Dale Barbara. Basically, all of the good characters who tried to solve the problem and deal with Rennie. ( I also detested chef and pitied him at the same time)
    Correction, The GSD was owned by Piper Libby and the Corgie was Julia's.( please pardon the mental breakdown LOL)

Ollie Dinsmore/Cow~Kid.
    He was more of a fighter than the supposed "hero" Baaarbie ever was.

Ooh and I liked Junior, no~one writes "fooked up in the head" characters better than SK.

Quote Originally Posted by scottenglin View Post
    Audrey. Wasn't she the one who battled addiction in the midst of that chaos?? I hope I don't have the name wrong, it has been months. She was written with a lot of heart. No one wants to go through something like addiction, but at least something good came out of it in that character. I have helped family members in similar situations (- the psychotic killer and dome of course) and those parts border on nonfiction. She was almost like 2 characters. The self absorbed junkie too numb to notice the world., and then . . .a helluva phoenix story. SK gets it. He KNOWS. Call it the research no one wants to do...
    Well, don't forget sK has his own recovery experiences.

Yay, i got lots of replies... I feel sad that I'm like the only person who likes Barbie...

Stephen King is great at making screwed up characters, so my favorite would have to be Junior, for how screwed up he was.

Ahahah yes he was very screwed up...

I really liked Sammy, she seemed the most true to life. Especially in that she had "never gotten the concept of being her own best friend". That perfectly discribes a lot of girls I know.

Scarecrow Joe, there is nothing like a "nerd" that thinks on his feet in a catastrophe. E. Fremantle

Lolz, i don't think he was a nerd, just a-bit too smart...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast