This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norma Crandall was resurrected?

Default Re: Norma Crandall was resurrected?

No.

Norma was a sick / dying old woman. If she was a zombie, King would have said so.

Food for thought, I especially like the idea of the power of the burial ground wanting revenge on Jud because I had often wondered why it went straight for Jud instead of where you'd think the Gage thing would go, to Louis. The idea of Jud grooming Louis as the new caretaker is most exciting considering you don't know for sure what happens to Louis.

you don't know for sure what happens to Louis.
    ...I'm pretty sure it wasn't a one way ticket to "Happyville"...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I'm pretty sure it wasn't a one way ticket to "Happyville"...
    Yeah, there isn't any happy endings in that book.

The reason Gage went for Jud first is that he -- it? -- knew Jud could help Louis; so it eliminated Louis's help first, then set a trap for Louis.

Also: of course Louis dies. Rachel kills him. The only other scenario that would even be possible is that Louis was able to defend himself and "kill" her. But I don't think Louis was capable, or even interested, in doing so at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    The reason Gage went for Jud first is that he -- it? -- knew Jud could help Louis; so it eliminated Louis's help first, then set a trap for Louis.

Also: of course Louis dies. Rachel kills him. The only other scenario that would even be possible is that Louis was able to defend himself and "kill" her. But I don't think Louis was capable, or even interested, in doing so at that point.
    But YOU are just assuming these things, in truth we have know way of knowing for sure what happens and it's fun to speculate, thus this discussion.

I think this is an awesome theory. I must re-read, been way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lee Severn View Post
    But YOU are just assuming these things, in truth we have know way of knowing for sure what happens and it's fun to speculate, thus this discussion.
    Sure, it's fun to speculate. But the speculation really needs to be based on the internal evidence supplied by the text, otherwise you're just making stuff up that isn't in the book.

Case in point: this theory, which is, frankly, unsupportable.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    Sure, it's fun to speculate. But the speculation really needs to be based on the internal evidence supplied by the text, otherwise you're just making stuff up that isn't in the book.

Case in point: this theory, which is, frankly, unsupportable.
    ...really?...again?...the word here was "fun"...go crap on someone else's parade dude...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...really?...again?...the word here was "fun"...go crap on someone else's parade dude...
    Believe whatever you want to believe. It's fine by me. But when someone posts something in a public forum, it's an invitation to discussion, and my viewpoint on this issue is that reading things into a text that the text does not support is an act of faulty reading. There is simply nothing to support the idea that Jud resurrected Norma. It isn't there.

Why not speculate further that not only does Louis not die in the end of the novel, but survives, vanquishes his zombie wife, moves out of town, changes his name to Alan Pangborn, gets remarried, and gets a job working for the police department? There's nothing in any of King's books to support that idea, but if you're going to invent things whole-cloth, why not really go for broke?

I apologize if my point of view on some of these things offends your sensibilities, but that's the danger of interacting with other people; sometimes they disagree with you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast