This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Default Re: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Just went to Target this morning around 8:30 and there were only about ten other customers in the store. The sales were still going on, and the employees were calmly restocking the shelves. It was a great time to shop. I think Black Friday strikes a primitive urge in some people. Competition for the (supposedly) scarce resources, the adrenaline rush from scoring a deal, the excitement of being part of a herd (or pack, I should say, as in wolves.) Let's face it: Most people lead pretty mundane, sendentary lives. Black Friday provides an acceptable way for these folks to display behavior a couple of rungs down on the evolutionary ladder!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    Just went to Target this morning around 8:30 and there were only about ten other customers in the store. The sales were still going on, and the employees were calmly restocking the shelves. It was a great time to shop. I think Black Friday strikes a primitive urge in some people. Competition for the (supposedly) scarce resources, the adrenaline rush from scoring a deal, the excitement of being part of a herd (or pack, I should say, as in wolves.) Let's face it: Most people lead pretty mundane, sendentary lives. Black Friday provides an acceptable way for these folks to display behavior a couple of rungs down on the evolutionary ladder!
    They said yesterday on the news that Black Friday brings out the Hunter/gatherer in all of us. The retailers/manufacterers create the 'buzz' and the public goes nuts- *gotta have it-gotta have it-gotta have it*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the scene in the shoe department at midnight.
    Kinda looked liked a swarm of locust.

Attachment 16474

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    This was the scene in the shoe department at midnight.
    Kinda looked liked a swarm of locust.

Attachment 16474
    Where's the fun in that? I just don't get it.....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011